Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 10:18 AM

642 posts, read 854,178 times

Advertisements

I saw this on Facebook. Here is where NOT to stay.

Connecticut's Sleaziest Motels To Take Your Valentine - CT Boom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 04:46 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,776,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist&musician View Post
I saw this on Facebook. Here is where NOT to stay.

Connecticut's Sleaziest Motels To Take Your Valentine - CT Boom
#1 definitely belongs on the list, although #6(Honeyspot) is likely to be a much worse place. #5(SMI) was a weird conversion of an industrial building to a hotel, but as was noted, it hasn't been reported to be a problematic place. The former Stratford Ramada(whatever they call it now) should have been on the list instead of #5. I'm very surprised that Devon Motel and Shoreline(Milford) didn't make the list. Possible honorable mention for the HoJo's in Milford as well. Damn, now that i think about, Stratford and Milford are too well represented in the dive motel category.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:25 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,675,742 times
ok, here was my experience at the Super 8..
i was first put into a room on the 3rd floor but saw at least one maybe 2 bedbugs and/or ticks crawling around. i complained and they changed my room to a 1st floor. no bugs of any kind this time but for some reason the deadbolt latch wouldn't turn all the way preventing me from locking the door (luckily there was one of those chain thingy's which was good enough). how can a latch not locking go unnoticed like that? they did fix it though. and there was no prostitute activity that i could tell and they had a whole caf dedicated to the continental breakfast - bread for toast, waffles, bagels, cereal, fruit, oj, etc - a bunch of tables and a TV. not bad.
still debating if i should go back.
may have to try the blind selection thing on Hotwire and those other sites looking at 2.5-3 star places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut