Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 09:52 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
That's fine.
Good. I'm glad you can finally agree that the majority of those who are on welfare vote Democrat.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:52 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
Are you not in another thread, on the side AGAINST the rights of freedom of yet another "wedge issue? Gay marriage is okay, but if I own a baby seal murdering piece of inert metal with a spring that holds 30 rounds I must be a societal hazard?

Classic liberal cherry picking. I'm not gay. I could really care less what a states gay marriage laws are, but you can bet I will always support freedom of choice and keeping government out of our lives.
Let me know the next time gay marriage kills an entire classroom of first graders 15 miles from my home and get back to me.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Good. I'm glad you can finally agree that the majority of those who are on welfare vote Democrat.
No! The overwhelming majority who receive welfare DO NOT VOTE!

Of the remaining -- which is NOT a majority-- yes, they tend to vote Democrat. Big difference.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:54 AM

2,122 posts, read 2,421,204 times
Quote:
How about this-- Imagine actually being a black kid in the ghetto (said it!). Horrible schools, few jobs, few role models in the community. No obvious path out. Can't play in the local park-- It's not safe. No parent at home after school to make you do homework.

I think their victimization slightly outweighs yours.

While convenient for you to think this, it's wrong. How would Mississippi ever elect Republicans if this were true
Your right about that. But seeing as it's my money that pays for some ghetto chick to have those 8 kids by the time shes 25, I'd say my opinion on where the money should go outweighs theirs. WHen she gets a job and can afford her 8 kids, or the 5 different dads start ponying up, then I will care what they have to say.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Your right about that. But seeing as it's my money that pays for some ghetto chick to have those 8 kids by the time shes 25, I'd say my opinion on where the money should go outweighs theirs. WHen she gets a job and can afford her 8 kids, or the 5 different dads start ponying up, then I will care what they have to say.
And what did those 8 kids do to deserve to be in that situation? The kids are here-- My suggestion would be that for the better of society, we should educate them and support them now, instead of incarcerating them later.

What do you think?

Old 02-16-2014, 10:00 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
No! The overwhelming majority who receive welfare DO NOT VOTE!
I'm glad you can finally agree that the majority of those who vote that are on welfare vote Democrat.

Happy now?

Old 02-16-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I'm glad you can finally agree that the majority of those who vote that are on welfare vote Democrat.

Happy now?
I think it's important to be discussing issues with a common set of facts, don't you?

Old 02-16-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Let me know the next time gay marriage kills an entire classroom of first graders 15 miles from my home and get back to me.
Classic emotional response that has so little to do with the real problem. Could have just as easily, locked the doors with chains and set the building on fire killings over 100 people. He could have even been gay.

The point is, in predictable lefty fashion, you choose which freedoms are "okay" based on what directly effects YOU. An attitude that certainly would not contribute to "gay marriage reform sweeping the nation" as you put it.

It's because of people like me, who vote for your freedom REGARDLESS of political partisanship, regardless of emotion, and regardless of whether it even benefits us personally.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Classic emotional response that has so little to do with the real problem. Could have just as easily, locked the doors with chains and set the building on fire killings over 100 people. He could have even been gay.
And all us gays are just hysterical with emotion, right? It takes a really obtuse individual to not see a connection between being the most armed society in the world (per capita) and gun related crime. The overwhelming majority of the mass killings that have happened over the past decade have been perpetrated by people with weapons similar to what Adam Lanza possesed.

He may very well have been gay? What does that have to do with anything? He could have been Jewish, Catholic, gay, Norwegian? So what? Are you saying that being gay gives the same predisposition to murdering 26 people as being untreated severely mentally ill with access a small arsenal?

Quote:
It's because of people like me, who vote for your freedom REGARDLESS of political partisanship, regardless of emotion, and regardless of whether it even benefits us personally.
Yes, it's all you dude. Wow. Do they play the national anthem when you enter a room?

Old 02-16-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
And what did those 8 kids do to deserve to be in that situation? The kids are here-- My suggestion would be that for the better of society, we should educate them and support them now, instead of incarcerating them later.

What do you think?
I think we are enabling those mothers and 10 daddies to continue their useless lifestyle that contriutes nothing to our society, save for problems.

Your right, that educating these kids is damned important. We know how many beds we are gonna need in a prison based on 3rd grade reading levels (seriously, it's that potent of a correlation). But your suggestion is the emotional response to the short term.

If you told me you wanted to dump 5 mill into crappy new haven schools, I wouldn't flinch about cutting the check, but when you tell me you want to give another 5 million to "increase welfare wages and food stamps", all i can think is "making the problem worse"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut