Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 10:54 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseagiel69 View Post
Well for one in-depth psychological testing upon purchase of a gun,and testing and profiling for all members of household where gun would reside. Maybe something that gun owner could sign like a contract of sorts to be sure it would never get into the wrong hands and would be kept in a locked safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
Should the same be done to practice the Koran?

ANd would lanza have not done what he did because he put his signature on a piece of paper? I don't follow how this prevents anything.
Quote:
No thats the point!! He would never have been allowed to have a gun in his hands neither would his mother whom was off her rocker. Any kind of testing would have rendered them highly unstable, and no gun would have been issued to them thus preventing this whole thing.

And no of course not the koran is a book not an object design to slaughter in a matter of seconds like the bushmaster that monster used to blow away those children in matter of 5 minutes. Trying pointing a koran at a person and try to blow them to smithereens.
Maybe all this vigorous mental health testing should be done before parents are able to bring each child home from the hospital. Sure most will never get to go home, but at least we'd prevent another school shooting. And we can see how good the government is at raising kids or adults who don't kill with guns.

Old 02-15-2014, 07:59 PM

442 posts, read 455,852 times
Quote:
“The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation.” --Adolf Hitler
And he was referring to Jewish children, right?

Old 02-16-2014, 09:30 AM

2,122 posts, read 2,421,204 times
All of those guns are not "illegal" their "undocumented"

Old 02-16-2014, 09:32 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
Quote:
All of those guns are not "illegal" their "undocumented"
Clever.

Any of those guns have children who are citizens and entitled to all the rights you and I have-- according to the Constitution?

Old 02-16-2014, 09:40 AM

2,122 posts, read 2,421,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Clever.

Any of those guns have children who are citizens and entitled to all the rights you and I have-- according to the Constitution?
Yeah, I heard the thousands of guns Eric Holder sold to Mexican drug cartels and street gangs are desperately trying to give birth on our side of the border.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:30 AM

363 posts, read 635,284 times
I for one didn't register crap with the Gestapo in Hartford. I simply bought land in New Hampshire and now store all my scary looking guns up there. I however never told the Gestapo and now I wait to see what they will do with me. My little experiment in the making.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:46 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
It is actually getting creepy now that the MSM has totally blocked out this news. The news is on a 39 year old cold case and David Beckham. It is blatantly obvious that the news is being controlled and not a peep from anyone. Very disturbing.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Clever.
Brilliant actually. I'll be stealing that.

Old 02-16-2014, 01:12 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,086,138 times
Quote:
Go ahead and tell me why don't I get it?? Because I dont want to see another sandy hook occur?? And you can throw around statistics all day but facts are facts. Countries like Sweden Germany etc with much stricter gun control laws, do not i repeat do not have these types of massacres happen. Gee i wonder why?? hmmm could it be because it is much harder to get ahold of a gun? And if you will remember correctly after the Dunblane incident in scotland there were mass gun confiscations, and you see how well it has worked out for their country, yes all of something like 90 gun deaths PER YEAR . meanwhile there are like 90 a year just in a city like new haven alone. And fyi for what its worth i went to Mary R Tisko elementary in good ole Branford CT
and Francis Walsh Intermediate in Branford as well, not texas.
Did you have a Civics class in high school?

Old 02-16-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Countries like Sweden Germany etc with much stricter gun control laws, do not i repeat do not have these types of massacres happen.
Culture and Demographics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut