Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 10:06 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,944,080 times

Advertisements

Today, I went to Walmart in Stratford. Oh.....my....god.

That has got to be the most appalling Walmart I have ever been to in my life. I will never go there again. I felt extremely uncomfortable. There was trash everywhere, pot holes, babies screaming, and tons of cars in the parking lot everywhere and when I was inside the store, it was so loud from all the people and I couldn't understand what languages they were speaking. It also reeked like third world country.

This Walmart store now supersedes the Bristol store as the #1 Walmart to avoid in CT. I thought Bristol was the worst, until I went to this Stratford one today. The one in Norwalk on Connecticut Ave is pretty trashy, too. But the one in Norwalk on Main Ave is actually alright.

My favorite Walmart stores in CT that I can actually tolerate are the ones in Avon, Newington, Cromwell, Rocky Hill, Waterford and Norwalk (Main Ave).

It's a shame that FFC is deficient in Target. There's only one in Stamford and it's a pain to pay for the parking and deal with a parking garage. The other Target stores are way up in Danbury and Trumbull. It's sad.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:20 PM

14,053 posts, read 13,929,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post

That has got to be the most appalling Walmart I have ever been to in my life. I will never go there again. I felt extremely uncomfortable. There was trash everywhere, pot holes, babies screaming, and tons of cars in the parking lot everywhere and when I was inside the store, it was so loud from all the people and I couldn't understand what languages they were speaking. It also reeked like third world country.

This Walmart store now supersedes the Bristol store as the #1 Walmart to avoid in CT. I thought Bristol was the worst, until I went to this Stratford one today. The one in Norwalk on Connecticut Ave is pretty trashy, too. But the one in Norwalk on Main Ave is actually alright.

My favorite Walmart stores in CT that I can actually tolerate are the ones in Avon, Newington, Cromwell, Rocky Hill, Waterford and Norwalk (Main Ave).

It's a shame that FFC is deficient in Target. There's only one in Stamford and it's a pain to pay for the parking and deal with a parking garage. The other Target stores are way up in Danbury and Trumbull. It's sad.

Bridgeport Walmart !

Old 02-22-2014, 10:27 PM

713 posts, read 759,351 times
The Hartford Walmart has a police officer there, there was a stabbing in the parking lot a few days ago over a parking spot.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:20 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,944,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wma152 View Post
The Hartford Walmart has a police officer there, there was a stabbing in the parking lot a few days ago over a parking spot.
I have heard horrifying things about that one, yes. But I haven't been there.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:27 PM

21,742 posts, read 28,070,632 times
So why didn't you just go to one of the Targets in Trumbull? That's closer to you than Stratford.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:54 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,858,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Bridgeport Walmart !

^^^^This.

The Walmart and the ShopRite in that plaza are the closest department and grocery stores for East Bridgeport. So, they come to Stratford to do their shoplifting..........er..shopping. Stratford "locals" know to just go to Shelton ShopRite and Walmart. The hop in the a** is, there has been a nice building sitting vacant on Madison Avenue in Bridgeport that would be perfect for a smaller(Derby sized) Walmart.

Last edited by Stratford, Ct. Resident; 02-23-2014 at 04:18 AM..

Old 02-23-2014, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
So why didn't you just go to one of the Targets in Trumbull? That's closer to you than Stratford.
When i went to the Hawley Ln. Trumbull Target last week, i thought i had stepped into Walmart instead. The store had ridiculously long checkout lines on a Tuesday evening(seriously?) and mostly honey boo-boo type clientele milling around inside.

FTR, Stamford Target is near nep's workplace.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:44 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,947,316 times
I made the mistake of going to the Stratford Wal-Mart once -- in 2001. It was horrible and I haven't been back. I will never go back there. Nice to hear that nothing has changed. The clientele there apparently continues to be really trashy.

There's a Target now at the Trumbull Mall in addition to Hawley Lane. I walked out of,there in a huff a few days before Christmas because they had most of the registers closed and long lines.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post

How did you like the OSJL and KMart that are a few miles up the road?

Old 02-23-2014, 05:09 AM

1,231 posts, read 2,687,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Bridgeport Walmart !
I actually feel kinda bad for the residents of Bridgeport that just need to go shopping.
Downtown used to have an HLGREENS the north end had MCCRORYS, the east side had BARKERS, and BRADLEES. There was the SKYDELL's on east main. Even NATIONALWHOLESALELUQUIDATORS was at least somewhere to pick up needed items. There's more I'm forgetting right now. Trump's one true failure was he couldn't get things moving to improve Bridgeport
But yes- with all those shopping options gone. Where should the residents if Bridgeport go?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut