Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2014, 05:24 PM

5 posts, read 3,937 times

Advertisements

I am moving down to a more southern state in New England, which is Connecticut. I am currently 18 years old and plan on moving out from my parents house. I have saved up money and renting a small apartment for about $1500 a month. I also want to be able to find a job where I can afford to pay off my rent. Another important thing is a place where there are good nightclubs where I could find a girlfriend. I also want a town where I could bike or walk around. Thanks for all your help! Jake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 05:28 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,861,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayYoung64 View Post
Thanks for all your help! Jake.
You're welcome.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:08 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,959,891 times
Welcome to Connecticut.

I'd look at New Haven, south Norwalk or Stamford. Probably more jobs towards Stamford, but it also depends on what you can do.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:47 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,606 times
Quote:
I am moving down to a more southern state in New England, which is Connecticut. I am currently 18 years old and plan on moving out from my parents house. I have saved up money and renting a small apartment for about $1500 a month. I also want to be able to find a job where I can afford to pay off my rent. Another important thing is a place where there are good nightclubs where I could find a girlfriend. I also want a town where I could bike or walk around. Thanks for all your help! Jake.
Please tell me what job you found that gives you enough money for 1500/month for rent? LOL
You can't go to nightclubs. You're not old enough at 18. Absurd, but fact. You're old enough to go to war and kill people and/or get killed/legs blown off though.
Society has stupidly made it so an 18 year old can't become a man. There's no way you're going to get a job down here to pay your bills and get your own apartment without a 4 year degree and no 18 year old has a degree unless he's doogie houser md

Old 03-22-2014, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
Please tell me what job you found that gives you enough money for 1500/month for rent? LOL
You can't go to nightclubs. You're not old enough at 18. Absurd, but fact. You're old enough to go to war and kill people and/or get killed/legs blown off though.
Society has stupidly made it so an 18 year old can't become a man. There's no way you're going to get a job down here to pay your bills and get your own apartment without a 4 year degree and no 18 year old has a degree unless he's doogie houser md
I work at a deli and get paid minimum wage.
My friends got in at the nightclub fine in RI.

Old 03-22-2014, 08:42 PM

678 posts, read 847,077 times
You cannot make 1,500/month on minimum wage working full time. Unless several people are chipping in or something. Welcome to Connecticut.

Old 03-22-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTown View Post
You cannot make 1,500/month on minimum wage working full time. Unless several people are chipping in or something. Welcome to Connecticut.
Damn, it took a year to get 1500. Maybe one of my friends will move in.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:04 AM

856 posts, read 2,015,197 times
Quote:
I work at a deli and get paid minimum wage.
My friends got in at the nightclub fine in RI.
Why not consider RI then? Easy to get from beach to Providence for club events (at least 2 18+ clubs last I knew), there is s till an industrial presence so finding a job should be ok, or there are the usual strip malls, pizza places, chain places, and businesses if you need a different kind of job. RIC is a decent college system if you decide to pursue college. Rent should be cheaper than CT for the most part, but I think you will need a car, unless you live right in Providence, then there is public transit.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:13 PM

193 posts, read 372,550 times
Assuming the OP is serious: I don't understand how you've "saved up" to pay $1,500/month in rent and yet will need to find a job when you get here. If you don't have a job lined up here, how much have you saved up? If just $1,500 then that would last you one month under your budget plan. If you've saved up $15,000, then you can afford to pay $1,500/month for 10 months before you find a job (this, of course, leaves out other expenses like groceries, gas, and numerous other things).

Last edited by JayCT; 03-24-2014 at 10:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut