Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2014, 09:50 AM

642 posts, read 856,566 times

Advertisements

"That's it -- nothing personal against you or your town. We all know that others out there would appreciate Trumbull's built up quality and convenience like you do, but they just happen not to be speaking up much, or they are not on this forum."

The following is nothing personal also but I want to show that Trumbull is indeed a very desirable town regardless of what anyone's opinion or bias on here is. Going to go by the numbers/math.

Let's let Real Estate principles and math tell the story instead of a bunch of people who are commenting on areas that they don't live in, or don't know, or would like to prove that their town is better. I would like to to point out that I am using the same method of price per square foot when figuring out the desirability of areas in Branford/Guilford/Madison where I hope to move in the future.

One of the ways desirability is figured out in Real Estate is price per square foot* and value of land. Here is a case in point. The "museum mile" is NYC is highly desirable and thus they have an astronomical price per square foot and of course they do not have not land. This is not even taking into account Newtown has a lot more land than the houses in Upper Long Hill as we are on 1/4-1/2 lots and I believe Newtown is at least 1 acre zoning. Our price per square foot of land is more valuable too.

NEWTOWN
The average price per square foot for homes for sale in 06470 is $179.

17 Castle Meadow Road, Newtown CT - Trulia

TRUMBULL
The average price per square foot for homes for sale in 06611 is $202.
35 Beardsley Parkway, Trumbull CT - Trulia

I will let the MATH and Real Estate principles speak for itself.

* Trends in Housing Prices per Square Foot :: Stephan Whitaker :: Economic Trends :: 01.19.2012 :: Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland

Old 03-23-2014, 11:37 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,218,784 times
You need to give it a rest. The last thread was closed because you're beating this issue to death. You prefer Trumbull, others prefer Newtown. End of story, and big deal.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:39 AM

21,622 posts, read 27,915,166 times
I'm closing this thread as the issue has been exhaustively debated.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:44 AM

678 posts, read 844,060 times
Thank you. Please close this. This is just absurd and out of manners at this point. I also wanna thank JayCT for closing my old thread. It should have been done earlier, unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut