Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 06:28 AM

13 posts, read 14,912 times

Advertisements

Hi there,
I moved to the shoreline (Guilford) about two years ago. We choose this town because you recommended it based on what I was looking for. And it's the perfect fit, I love it, and the area and couldn't wish for a better place to be. Connecticut is beautiful, it has so much to offer and for the very few days I want to jump into a big town, I am two hours with the train away from NYC or Boston.
I am really happy though, that this winter is gone now and spring finally arrived. I like winter, but that was a bit to long and cold for my taste.
Thank you again so much for your help you are doing a great job here.
Leavy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 06:37 AM

720 posts, read 919,637 times
Wish I can say the same, but glad you like CT.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:57 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,362,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavy View Post
Hi there,
I moved to the shoreline (Guilford) about two years ago. We choose this town because you recommended it based on what I was looking for. And it's the perfect fit, I love it, and the area and couldn't wish for a better place to be. Connecticut is beautiful, it has so much to offer and for the very few days I want to jump into a big town, I am two hours with the train away from NYC or Boston.
I am really happy though, that this winter is gone now and spring finally arrived. I like winter, but that was a bit to long and cold for my taste.
Leavy
You definitely suffered through two abnormally long winters. Glad you like it otherwise though.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:25 PM

3,484 posts, read 9,419,192 times
I'm glad this site was able to help you find the town that perfectly fit your needs!

Old 04-11-2014, 01:59 PM

55 posts, read 136,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EUPL View Post
Wish I can say the same, but glad you like CT.
. Born and raised here but wish I were living elsewhere---like S o u t h Florida!

Old 04-11-2014, 02:10 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,944,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McaVacationDivas View Post
. Born and raised here but wish I were living elsewhere---like S o u t h Florida!
I had an interview about a year ago, in Fort Lauderdale with a small private equity firm. I can tolerate heat better than cold, but I must admit, even in May, the humidity down there was INTENSE. Much worse than central/northern FL. There were times when I had to walk outside with my interview suit on, and it was the WORST feeling ever. Heck, even wearing just shorts and a t-shirt going to the mall, walking from the car to the mall entrance, the humidity was quite intense, when paired with the sunshine. It was honestly not a pleasant experience. Not to mention, in the late afternoon, there was a rain storm like I've NEVER seen in my life, with strong winds. It was like a mini hurricane. It was very heavy rain, and when the storm was over and the sun came out, all the wet puddles were evaporating, making the air even MORE humid, as you can smell the asphalt in the air. It felt like I was in the Amazon rainforest. It was nasty!

Old 04-11-2014, 02:11 PM

21,618 posts, read 31,197,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I had an interview about a year ago, in Fort Lauderdale with a small private equity firm. I can tolerate heat better than cold, but I must admit, even in May, the humidity down there was INTENSE. Much worse than central/northern FL. There were times when I had to walk outside with my interview suit on, and it was the WORST feeling ever. Heck, even wearing just shorts and a t-shirt going to the mall, walking from the car to the mall entrance, the humidity was quite intense, when paired with the sunshine. It was honestly not a pleasant experience. Not to mention, in the late afternoon, there was a rain storm like I've NEVER seen in my life. It was very heavy rain, and when the storm was over and the sun came out, all the wet puddles were evaporating, making the air even MORE humid. It was nasty!
This thread is about loving CT, not hating Florida.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:28 PM

468 posts, read 708,615 times
Guilford is a great town. I'm glad you're loving it! If you got through these last two winters, you'll be fine.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:28 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,958,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavy View Post
Hi there,
Leavy
Guilford is a very nice town. A lot of charm to it, excellent schools and a great location.

Glad you like it so far.

And, agree with the above - this past winter was unusually harsh, and the winter before that had a "Storm of the Century" level blizzard in it. If you can make it through the last two winters, you should be fine.

(And, to be honest, most people remember the prior winter for the blizzard, which was huge, but it wasn't really all that heavy in terms of snow before that.)

Old 04-12-2014, 09:27 PM

21,738 posts, read 28,070,632 times
Guilford is beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut