Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 11:35 AM

15 posts, read 25,899 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know any town homes for rent in Middletown or within 30-35 minutes? Any apartment complexes with town homes or anything else?

THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 11:49 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,039,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3onexolove View Post
Does anyone know any town homes for rent in Middletown or within 30-35 minutes?
There are a couple in Cromwell, at Midway Drive, Skyview Drive and Great Oak Court. Also Trolley Crossing in Middletown, Joiners Road in Rocky Hill, etc. I used Realtor.com to look for rentals. They are probably individually owned condos managed by the Realtors.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:59 PM

15 posts, read 25,923 times
What is your price range?

Old 04-15-2014, 02:46 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,959,891 times
Right next door, Cromwell has a ton of condos, many very close to Middletown.

What is your timing and your budget?

Old 04-15-2014, 04:30 PM

15 posts, read 25,899 times
Well I am looking for ones managed through a company like an apartment usually is and not through a realtor. Currently we rent a town home through an apartment complex and its managed through a company. Its just like an apartment complex where we have rental office, but they also have town homes. I was just wondering if there was anything like that in that area?

Last edited by x3onexolove; 04-15-2014 at 04:41 PM..

Old 04-16-2014, 09:18 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,959,891 times
I didn't realize realtors would manage a complex as large as something like Cromwell Hills.

Cromwell Hills Condominium Phase I - Welcome To Our Community!!

This is one of the older complexes in Cromwell, though it's pretty well maintained for the most part.

There is also Cromwell Gardens and others nearby.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:51 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,759,960 times
Hmm- I think we're on one page and the OP is on another

Condo complexes are managed by property managers. However, since condos are privately owned, one pays the rent directly to the owner or to the owner's representative, which might be the real estate agent doing the renting.

The property manager for the condo would take care of the outside of the unit, the owner/ tenant is responsible for the inside.

However, I think the OP is looking for something different than what we are thinking of. We all know that large apartment complexes often have on site leasing agents, who also manage the buildings. I think that is what the OP wants.

But the OP wants it to apply to a townhouse. So the OP is looking for a townhouse designed rental community, in which the townhouses are all owned and rented by one company. Then the management is also the leasing agent. That is what I'm getting from the OP's query.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:25 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,039,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
But the OP wants it to apply to a townhouse. So the OP is looking for a townhouse designed rental community, in which the townhouses are all owned and rented by one company. Then the management is also the leasing agent. That is what I'm getting from the OP's query.
That is also what I understand. I can't think of any like that near Middletown, so I did not answer. I don't think there are many designed like that in Connecticut.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:28 AM

627 posts, read 1,058,342 times
It doesn't look like any of the apartment complexes in the big condo area on the Middletown/Cromwell border are townhouses.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:14 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,759,960 times
I think that is going to be the problem is that area. Anything townhouse in that area is a condo that I can think of.

OP - are you worried about having to pay a fee to a real estate agent ? In CT, if a home is listed for rent on the multiple listing service, the most of the time the owner pays the agent's fee. Thus, those home that you find on real estate web sites are fee free for the tenant.

If an agent has a variety of office listings, that no one out of the office knows about, then those fees may be paid by owner or tenant. Just ask to be sure if you see something you like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut