Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 08:31 PM

21,752 posts, read 28,077,952 times

Advertisements

Was in Wesport today and saw a 360 Stradale and a Bentley GT Convertible within a short span. Lots of Aston Martin's and Rolls/Bentley's in Westport when I worked there. Saw a Ferrari or Lambo once a month or so.

Even in Milford, there's a guy with a 360 Modena I see pretty regularly, as well as a dark red 458 Italia, a bright red 458, and a silver R8. All have homes around the Gulf Street/Woodmont area. I've also seen a yellow Carrera GT a few times in Milford (also saw a yellow CGT in Westport, I'm assuming it's the same one as they're so rare), and last year I saw both an Aston Martin DBS and a McLaren MP4-12C. Today, I saw a Lotus Seven driving along the water. Again, all near Gulf Street. It's not a rich town by any measure, but there are some wealthy people on the coast.

When I lived in Brookfield/Bethel, an exotic spotting was very, very rare. I did see a few up in Litchfield county out driving though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeworm View Post
Ridgefield and Redding are rich, but no where near as rich as Darien, or New Canaan. Then Brookfield, Newtown, Sherman, New Fairfield, and Monroe are slightly to moderately less rich than Redding/Ridgefield. Although, parts of those towns can be comparatively rich, notably on Candlewood Lake. Danbury is the "hard-hitting" area in Northern FFC, and finally, Bethel is much nicer than Danbury but relatively inexpensive.
I'd say the wealthiest pockets are definitely along the lakes, especially Lillinonah in Brookfield and Bridgewater.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:44 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,934,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I'd say the wealthiest pockets are definitely along the lakes, especially Lillinonah in Brookfield and Bridgewater.

Fairfield County is kinda boring though, It more like commuter suburb

Old 04-19-2014, 10:24 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,230,555 times
Quote:
Sherman. Not sure about Brookfield, but definitely Sherman. Think I'd put Newtown ahead of Brookfield and on par with Sherman. Obviously Sherman is quiet/reserved with not a lot going on or as much to offer as Newtown, but the residents there are quite comfortable.

Last edited by Lalalally; 04-19-2014 at 10:47 PM..

Old 04-19-2014, 10:34 PM

678 posts, read 847,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
What it is like in Upper Fairfield county the county is extreme from poverty to rich
Haha, yeah! It's crazy how we have Greenwich and Bridgeport all in the same county. The part of FFC I'm talking about is largely known as the Greater Danbury Area, which has a very different vibe from the Greater Bridgeport Area. Danbury Area's richest town is Ridgefield. Ridgefield literally sits on the NY/CT border. I guess Redding comes next as someone else has noted, but, Redding is in a very weird position. It's not really located close to I-84 or other big routes of CT. It has alot of woodsy charm to it, though. I'm convinced no one has cut a tree down in Redding, lol! Compared to other Danbury Area towns, Redding has lots of land considering its population (sits below 10k). After these two towns, it becomes a little subjective, but I'd say Brookfield sits in three. Although there's a good gap between Ridgefield and Redding and rest of the other towns. These are all wealthy towns, however. Not Darien/New Canaan wealthy, but compared to rest of CT, there are very few that beat the remaining towns of Upper FFC excluding Ridgefield/Redding in terms of affluence.

The "poorest" is Danbury, and even then, Danbury sits well above the other cities of CT. Upper Fairfield County has its own charm, no doubt. I love it here. I like being anchored around Danbury as a city, tbh. I'm not so fond of Hartford, Waterbury, New Haven, or BPT. Regarding Lower FFC, I'm only envious of the Merritt Parkway historical and scenic status, tbh. Our best equivalent is Route 6 but much of it is incorporated with I-84. :/

I feel like a bit of a rivalry within the county, lol! People from Lower FFC disregard the Upper FFC folks, and the Upper FFC folks are always thinking just how much richer the Lower FFC folks are, lol!

Anyways, more on topic: The only big name cars you see here are Porsche, Benz, Lexus, Audi, and BMW. And there's quite a few of those. Probably the most common expensive car I see around is the S550 Benz around here which comes close to $100,000. But nothing like Aventadors or 458s in Greenwich, lol!

Old 04-19-2014, 10:35 PM

678 posts, read 847,077 times
Quote:
Bridgewater is not FFC, mate. Dunno if you knew, but, thought I'd clarify just in case someone thought so. It falls in Litchfield County. It's one of those pesky towns that has an Upper FFC feel to it, but isn't.

(Glances towards Southbury) lol!

Old 04-19-2014, 11:09 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,230,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTown View Post
Upper Fairfield County has its own charm, no doubt. I love it here. I like being anchored around Danbury as a city, tbh. I'm not so fond of Hartford, Waterbury, New Haven, or BPT. Regarding Lower FFC, I'm only envious of the Merritt Parkway historical and scenic status, tbh. Our best equivalent is Route 6 but much of it is incorporated with I-84. :/
Agree. It really is a nice area to call home

Last edited by Lalalally; 04-19-2014 at 11:20 PM..

Old 04-20-2014, 04:48 AM

83,516 posts, read 75,307,397 times
I pass by a Ferrari dealership many times on Post road in Greenwich yet I don't see them on the road in Fairfield County. I saw one on the Merritt in New Haven county though. I would be nervous driving an exotic car in a congested area like Fairfield.

And yeah, Lambo's are sweeet

Old 04-20-2014, 06:41 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,774 times
Who would buy a yellow Ferrari? And a white Lamborghini?

Old 04-20-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTown View Post
Bridgewater is not FFC, mate. Dunno if you knew, but, thought I'd clarify just in case someone thought so. It falls in Litchfield County. It's one of those pesky towns that has an Upper FFC feel to it, but isn't.

(Glances towards Southbury) lol!
Yes I know, I lived next to it for 20 years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut