Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2024, 07:13 PM

11,295 posts, read 18,876,476 times

Advertisements

Hi, C-D, if this is not allowed please let me know and the admins can remove it but it's worth a shot.

My son is a senior at WCSU majoring in Political Science and he has to do a senior thesis.

As part of it, he's asking people to do this short survey about the new CT bottle deposit law. The more surveys he gets the better his results for his senior thesis will be. Thanks in advance link is below:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...abjOU7ZVrrmcW8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2024, 03:48 PM

372 posts, read 155,899 times
I didn’t fill out any survey but I will say that when you have bottle deposits of 10 cents, the litter/trash of bottles basically becomes non-existent because homeless and others will pick them up and properly redeem them which is a benefit of the whole thing.

Old 03-12-2024, 01:50 PM

6,573 posts, read 4,964,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHW2436 View Post
I didn’t fill out any survey but I will say that when you have bottle deposits of 10 cents, the litter/trash of bottles basically becomes non-existent because homeless and others will pick them up and properly redeem them which is a benefit of the whole thing.
Except for the people I saw rummaging through recycle bins last night. They dropped other recycling on the ground all around the can. In that wind. Didn't pick one piece up but they got their 2 bottles. Idiots.

7Wishes - I stepped through the survey and wished some had space for the "why" answer!

ie Do you recycle more or less, and why

Old 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM

11,295 posts, read 18,876,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
Except for the people I saw rummaging through recycle bins last night. They dropped other recycling on the ground all around the can. In that wind. Didn't pick one piece up but they got their 2 bottles. Idiots.

7Wishes - I stepped through the survey and wished some had space for the "why" answer!

ie Do you recycle more or less, and why

Thanks I'll let him know. I actually in a past career long ago (teaching is my 3rd career, my 2nd was low level IT) I wrote surveys so while I thought some parts were well done, I've already given him some feedback, especially since he had a faculty advisor working with him who I thought could've helped him write it a little better.

One issue I had with NY friends and relatives is that it's worded in a way where it seems you have to live in CT to do the survey but it's technically not true. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut