Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 11:30 AM

334 posts, read 438,443 times

Advertisements

Hello

I just visited Stamford for the first time and stepped my foot in Connecticut and visited Stamford Town Center Mall. I must say that I really fell in love with your city and the beautiful view from Tappan Zee Bridge driving there. Connecticut although small offers great and modern small cities with nice skyscrapers and safe to walk.

I live in Bergen County so decided to visit your area today especially since our shopping and malls are closed on Sundays (Don't get me wrong I do love blue laws)

I heard Greenwich has beautiful McMansions. I wish I knew the addresses to drive thru them... Anyone know for next time visit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 11:33 AM

2,005 posts, read 2,087,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag_Je View Post
I heard Greenwich has beautiful McMansions. I wish I knew the addresses to drive thru them... Anyone know for next time visit?
Mansions....not mcmansions. Go to North st, Taconic, Stanwich, ROund Hill. All roads with insane mansions..

Old 04-27-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
Mansions....not mcmansions. Go to North st, Taconic, Stanwich, ROund Hill. All roads with insane mansions..
Which one is the closest way home thru Tappan Zee Bridge and the best one? Please let me know asap because I must leave the mall soon. Thanks!!

Old 04-27-2014, 11:50 AM

2,005 posts, read 2,087,815 times
Quote:
Which one is the closest way home thru Tappan Zee Bridge and the best one? Please let me know asap because I must leave the mall soon. Thanks!!
Take I 95 to greenwich and drive up north st to the Merritt Parkway. Then take the parkway to the tappan zee.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:21 PM

14,054 posts, read 13,929,555 times
Quote:
Hello

I just visited Stamford for the first time and stepped my foot in Connecticut and visited Stamford Town Center Mall. I must say that I really fell in love with your city and the beautiful view from Tappan Zee Bridge driving there. Connecticut although small offers great and modern small cities with nice skyscrapers and safe to walk.

I live in Bergen County so decided to visit your area today especially since our shopping and malls are closed on Sundays (Don't get me wrong I do love blue laws)

Downtown New Haven

Old 04-27-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
Take I 95 to greenwich and drive up north st to the Merritt Parkway. Then take the parkway to the tappan zee.
Thank you. I followed your route and just arrived home. Sorry I was quite disappointed... Although there very few homes here and there that were gorgeous; the mansions in Bergen County are much bigger, nicer and often made with brick.

Old 04-27-2014, 01:51 PM

14,054 posts, read 13,929,555 times
I see Bergen County is more diverse than FFC

Old 04-27-2014, 03:14 PM

21,749 posts, read 28,070,632 times
Quote:
Thank you. I followed your route and just arrived home. Sorry I was quite disappointed... Although there very few homes here and there that were gorgeous; the mansions in Bergen County are much bigger, nicer and often made with brick.
Uh, did you drive up the same North Street? North, Round Hill Round, and Lake Ave is the richest area in the COUNTRY. Barely anywhere can match the sheer volume of mansions in that area.

Old 04-27-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Uh, did you drive up the same North Street? North, Round Hill Round, and Lake Ave is the richest area in the COUNTRY. Barely anywhere can match the sheer volume of mansions in that area.
Unsure. It was a somewhat narrow road. Have you been to Alpine, Saddle River, Upper Saddle River, Englewood Cliffs, Franklin Lakes (from Jersey housewives) and parts of Paramus? - enormous brick McMansions where they are visible and not only tree covered. Alpine is the wealthiest zip code in the nation actually. Traveled throughout the country I don't think any city beats Alpine with its homes. Rio Vista community in Mahwah is also amazing.

Old 04-27-2014, 03:23 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,230,026 times
Quote:
If this is a valid/true post, then I think you took a wrong somewhere and missed the mark entirely. There's no way in the world you could have driven through mid & back country Greenwich and come away with this impression. At all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut