Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 12:54 PM

12 posts, read 12,619 times

Advertisements

New Jersey gives a fine of $225. Washington drivers receive $50 in fines. A lot of states are beefing up fines making them $100-$300. All we have are signs saying to keep right but they don't enforce it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 01:09 PM

1,344 posts, read 1,742,298 times
YES!!!! Absolutely they should!

And it shouldn't matter if they are going 55, 65, 75 or whatever speed. Just have the courtesy to move right as soon as you pass.

Old 04-27-2014, 01:26 PM

334 posts, read 438,216 times
Yes, also lower gas prices! In NJ the gas is 70 - 90 cents cheaper with full-service.

Old 04-27-2014, 02:36 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,419,778 times
Yeah, that's exactly what CT needs, more laws and fines. If they can't afford the services they need with the ludicrous taxes and being one of the only states that annually tax cars then they need to make budget cuts, not figure out ways to fine the middle class worker spacing out in the left lane on his way to the office. Enough is enough already.

Old 04-27-2014, 02:37 PM

5,064 posts, read 15,893,696 times
Yes.

Old 04-27-2014, 02:44 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,228,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
Yeah, that's exactly what CT needs, more laws and fines. If they can't afford the services they need with the ludicrous taxes and being one of the only states that annually tax cars then they need to make budget cuts, not figure out ways to fine the middle class worker spacing out in the left lane on his way to the office. Enough is enough already.
^ x1000. I'm still bitter having just filed my '13 taxes. Between state, property, and car taxes, we are $21k poorer. If me or husband get fined for riding the left lane, I might just have to puke...

Edit to say: they did give us $52 back though...

Edit further to say: you know it's bad when NY State gives you $980 back, and CT ... well CT gives you $52! Lol!

Last edited by Lalalally; 04-27-2014 at 02:59 PM..

Old 04-27-2014, 03:58 PM

1,344 posts, read 1,742,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
OK, so you are implying then that it is OK then to inconvenience EVERYONE behind you.

Righttttt. That's just lovely

This has nothing to do with the tax situation in CT (which I agree is totally out of control). It has everything to do with being COURTEOUS to others on the road. Maybe, just maybe, enforcing this by issuing tickets, might be a good way to deter others from being so selfish.

Got it??

Old 04-27-2014, 04:03 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
I consider myself a safe driver. I just don't get worked up about what other people do on the road unless it endangers me.

I think the police should focus limited enforcement efforts on driving practices that are unsafe-- not merely annoying. I am glad they started to enforce tailgating. I wish they would do more cell phone enforcement (instead of brazenly breaking that law themselves, in many cases).

Old 04-27-2014, 04:07 PM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalally View Post
If me or husband get fined for riding the left lane, I might just have to puke...!
If you're one of those who don't move over for the faster vehicle behind you then you would deserve it. If you're not one of those, the fine shouldn't bother you.

Doesn't matter if someone is catching up to you doing 100mph, move over. Let them get caught with a speeding ticket and let you respect the law to move over.

I see a lot of NJ/NY drivers who are completely CLUELESS about the rules of the road hogging the left lane creating traffic, anger, and hazard because people have to use the right lane to pass them then cut back over to the left lane if there's enough time to do so. M.O.V.E O.V.E.R folks!!!

Old 04-27-2014, 04:15 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,228,605 times
^ no, I don't drive the left lane the whole way. Maybe for a couple of miles before I switch back to middle. But I certainly don't change to left and immediately switch back to middle. I'm personally drawn to whatever lane seems to be moving at the moment. And if it happens to be the left one, then to be honest, I drive it and I really don't think much about the rules which apply to that one specifically. Would hate to be fined for it though, but at this point hey, whatever I guess... But I still might puke (or at least spittle) on the officer's feet when he tickets me

Last edited by Lalalally; 04-27-2014 at 04:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut