Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 01:25 PM

13 posts, read 125,577 times

Advertisements

I know south windsor well. Excellent schools, very nice town. Older and newer homes. Easy commute, close to shopping, would recommend this town!!

I live in south windsor. I have been here for about 4 years now. Best move I made. School system is excellent. Variety of older and newer homes. Easy commute and close to shopping. You get a little of the country feel but close to everything. My kids have excelled in the school system compared to the town we came from. Teachers actually call me at home in the evening and let me know how the kids are doing good and bad news. Would recommend this town highly!!

sorry about repeating didn't think one got in there.

Last edited by Marka; 10-28-2006 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: merged
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2006, 04:54 AM

143 posts, read 174,643 times
Thank you habs29, very helpful. We will definately be seriously considering South Windsor.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:26 AM

23 posts, read 80,412 times
South windsor is a wonderful town I lived there for a while.you may want to consider Tolland as well, awsome schools 15 min to manchester area but a bit more country.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:25 AM

23 posts, read 90,372 times
Quote:
Vernon ( these are tough towns )
South Windsor is a beautiful town and very nice. Manchester is turning into the bad, East Hartford not good. Now I have to disagree with Vernon being bad. I have lived in Vernon for 10 years now and it only getting better. They are running the slum lords out so the "scum" of Vernon is moving to none other than Manchester and East Hartford. Vernon Schools are very nice. My daughter is in rolled in North East School and it's a great school. The thing I like about Vernon is it has that friendly small town feel.

Ellington is a nice town but is growing and fast. The big appeal about 5 years ago was the farms. Ellington was known for it's cow farms which have since been turned into $300,000-$400,000 cookie cutter houses. They all look alike and are on tiny lots with no land scapping.

Another nice area with $$ and good schools is Tolland. That is on the other side of Vernon a little farther from Manchester but only by about 5 minutes. Tolland is a little more wooded than South Windsor, Vernon a little more secluded and bigger lots.

I agree about staying away from West Hartford unless you are looking in the Hall High School district. I grew up in West Hartford and moved out of there about 13 years ago. It really has gone down hill since I've moved. (well the Conard area). Sedgwick Middle School is plagued with a gang of young teens and pre-teens that is wreaking havoc and doesn't seem to be under control. I would not want my child going to this school system. The other side of town is MONEY, very expensive houses but you would think better schools as well. My friend who still lives in town moved to that end of town and her daughter 2 grades above mine bringing home homework that was below what my daughter was doing in the Vernon School System.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:40 PM

2 posts, read 4,996 times
Smile i think manchester is a lovely place it de.........

I THINK MANCHESTER IS A LOVELY PLACE, IT JUST DEPENDS ON WHAT AREA YOU LIVE IN, I HAVE LIVED IN GORTON ALL MY LIFE AND I GET ON AND NO EVERYONE IN GORTON, WE ALL LOOK OUT FOR EACHOTHER LIKE ITS SUPPOSE TO BE ! I HAVE NEVER !! HAD ANY TROUBLE IN GORTON, BUT I HAVE IN ARDWICK... I CANT STAND THAT F**KIN SH*T HOLE OF A PLACE !!!! MY ADVICE IS GIVE GORTON A TRY AND YOU WILL LOVE IT ! THE YOUNG KIDS THAT HANG ROUND THE STREETS GET OFFERED LOTS OF STUFF TO KEEP THEM BUISY AND STUFF THAT CAN EARN THEM A FEW QUALIFICATIONS. manchester wouldn't be manchester without Gorton ! x

Old 03-24-2007, 04:43 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,017,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly_w_ View Post
I THINK MANCHESTER IS A LOVELY PLACE, IT JUST DEPENDS ON WHAT AREA YOU LIVE IN, I HAVE LIVED IN GORTON ALL MY LIFE AND I GET ON AND NO EVERYONE IN GORTON, WE ALL LOOK OUT FOR EACHOTHER LIKE ITS SUPPOSE TO BE ! I HAVE NEVER !! HAD ANY TROUBLE IN GORTON, BUT I HAVE IN ARDWICK... I CANT STAND THAT F**KIN SH*T HOLE OF A PLACE !!!! MY ADVICE IS GIVE GORTON A TRY AND YOU WILL LOVE IT ! THE YOUNG KIDS THAT HANG ROUND THE STREETS GET OFFERED LOTS OF STUFF TO KEEP THEM BUISY AND STUFF THAT CAN EARN THEM A FEW QUALIFICATIONS. manchester wouldn't be manchester without Gorton ! x
huh?

Old 03-24-2007, 04:47 PM

2 posts, read 4,996 times
why not think about Wright Robinson Sports College in Manchester, Abbey hey. i went there a few years ago and it is still as good as it was then, it has its own swimming pool in the building and most of the kids leave school with excellent G.C.S.E's. it is a really nice school with lots of clubs there for the kids ! x

Old 03-26-2007, 07:16 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,426,761 times
I think kelly is talking about Manchester England.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:29 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,656,498 times
I grew up in SW and loved it there. I lived in Glastonbury for 13 year too. Both excellent towns with great school systems and wonderful people.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:11 PM

8 posts, read 23,310 times
Default Best school systems

Bolton has the best school system in the state. Go to SchoolMatters - Home... you can do comparisons between towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut