Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2016, 09:03 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,180,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
I am sure that people who live in Norwalk are psyched.

Smart people with money will go to where good shopping is if there is SAFETY. Why do you think the mall in New Haven closed but the big outlets (which are essentially malls) are thriving in Clinton and Westbrook.

Only time will tell who will be predominately in the Norwalk mall and not just in the anchor stores. That is why I will wait a year and then revisit this.
Paranoid much? Are you still living in 1957? (The Brooklyn bridge line - didn't know people still used that)
Stop posting, you're aging yourself.
I know plenty of upper class wealthy females like the previous poster who snub their noses at the Stamford and Trumbull malls. The mall may physically be in Trumbull, but the majority of clientele is most certainly Bridgeport, my upper class SO refuses to go there anymore.
You're clearly not familiar with West ave the site for development undergoing a revitalization and nowhere near Ely/ Lexington avenues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 09:37 AM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
Quote:

Smart people with money will go to where good shopping is if there is SAFETY. Why do you think the mall in New Haven closed but the big outlets (which are essentially malls) are thriving in Clinton and Westbrook.

Only time will tell who will be predominately in the Norwalk mall and not just in the anchor stores. That is why I will wait a year and then revisit this.

I hope I am wrong because I would like a safe close alternative to the Trumbull mall.

The area where mall is getting built is okay alot of young professionals down the street and families who own homes.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:56 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,239,803 times
Quote:

I hope I am wrong because I would like a safe close alternative to the Trumbull mall.
Agree with everyone else. You clearly do not know the area. It's 100% safe. It's literally right next to Stepping Stones and Matthews Park...with the Aquarium on the other side. Families over there. All. The. Time.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
Agree with everyone else. You clearly do not know the area. It's 100% safe. It's literally right next to Stepping Stones and Matthews Park...with the Aquarium on the other side. Families over there. All. The. Time.
When I driving or on Metro North I always see people with suit and tees walking around the area or families kayaking in Norwalk river

Old 06-28-2016, 10:28 AM

4,455 posts, read 3,349,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post
. The mall may physically be in Trumbull, but the majority of clientele is most certainly Bridgeport, my upper class SO refuses to go there anymore.
You just proved my point about safety and the perception of a woman feeling safe. Thank You

As an artist let me tell you what I see in the bottom picture in the first post in this thread. There does not appear to be outside parking because the space is so tight in that location. If I go to the Trumbull mall and park in an inside parking garage I would never go there while alone. I NEVER park in the two covered parking areas at the Trumbull mall for safety reasons. I have the ability to park OUTSIDE near the stores/restaurants I want to go to. You have that same ability at the Danbury mall. It does not appear you can do that at the Norwalk mall from the picture.

And yes, I probably am dating myself but older suburban woman like me have more disposal income and it is critical a mall attracts old dated shoppers like me who want SAFETY.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:33 AM

4,455 posts, read 3,349,947 times
Quote:

I know plenty of upper class wealthy females like the previous poster who snub their noses at the Stamford and Trumbull malls.
Why do they snub the Stamford and Trumbull malls and what will make them go to the Norwalk mall instead?

The answer most likely proves my point.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:55 AM

854 posts, read 1,241,927 times
Quote:
Paranoid much? Are you still living in 1957? (The Brooklyn bridge line - didn't know people still used that)
Local trolley service on the Brooklyn Bridge actually ended in 1950.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:56 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,180,686 times
Quote:
Why do they snub the Stamford and Trumbull malls and what will make them go to the Norwalk mall instead?

The answer most likely proves my point.
She prefers the safety and chic clientele found in Sono, Westport, and Fairfield, especially loves taking the kids to the maritime aquarium (family membership) and walk to lunch nearby. Stamford and Trumbull were great malls in 1988 though.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:08 AM

2,362 posts, read 2,186,024 times
Wait... what's wrong with Stamford Mall? Or Trumbull for that matter? I haven't been to Trumbull's in a while (no need) but last time the management company clearly put a lot of money in and they got a lot more higher end boutique shops and outlets. Crime is basically non-existent at either mall, and the parking lots are well guarded.

I think the issue is *some* people really hate sharing any space with people they consider of a lessor stock than themselves, which is honestly kind of pathetic.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeker2211 View Post
Wait... what's wrong with Stamford Mall? Or Trumbull for that matter? I haven't been to Trumbull's in a while (no need) but last time the management company clearly put a lot of money in and they got a lot more higher end boutique shops and outlets. Crime is basically non-existent at either mall, and the parking lots are well guarded.

I think the issue is *some* people really hate sharing any space with people they consider of a lessor stock than themselves, which is honestly kind of pathetic.

Trumbull Mall is middle class to lower class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut