Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2019, 06:29 AM

1,929 posts, read 2,039,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
and the Westchester as well
Which isn't a big deal given the variety in stores there, but Victoria's Secret, Journeys, and Bath and body works are hardly unique stores in the market and combined are not a compelling reason to shop somewhere. I guess if those in the immediate Norwalk area were missing access to those stores it fills a gap, but absent more variety, Sono misses the mark of being a regional destination in the way that the Westchester, Natick Mall, and others already are - and for all the hype/effort, it really should offer destination shopping. As it stands, I drive almost 90 min to the Westchester or 2 hours to go to some of the shops in Natick, but see no good reason to drive even the 30 miles to Norwalk.

Last edited by hvexpatinct; 11-05-2019 at 06:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2019, 06:36 AM

6,904 posts, read 3,742,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvexpatinct View Post
Which isn't a big deal given the variety in stores there. Victoria's Secret, Journeys, and Bath and body works arpe hardly unique stores in the market and combined are not a compelling reason to shop somewhere. I guess if the folks in Norwalk were missing access to those stores it fills a gap, it just misses the mark of being a regional destination in the way that the Westchester, Natick Mall, and others already are. I would drive 2 hours to go to a few of the shops in Natick, there is just no compelling reason for me to drive 30 miles to Norwalk. And a new mall needs to be a destination to thrive.
Oh, I have no idea. They are just malls to me. Maybe a once a year thing. I just went out of curiousity and will maybe go back to see the Amazon store when it opens - out of curiousity.
I think stores will be added as time goes on, it not a complete picture yet.

Old 11-05-2019, 09:06 AM

215 posts, read 148,207 times
Quote:
Which isn't a big deal given the variety in stores there, but Victoria's Secret, Journeys, and Bath and body works are hardly unique stores in the market and combined are not a compelling reason to shop somewhere. I guess if those in the immediate Norwalk area were missing access to those stores it fills a gap, but absent more variety, Sono misses the mark of being a regional destination in the way that the Westchester, Natick Mall, and others already are - and for all the hype/effort, it really should offer destination shopping. As it stands, I drive almost 90 min to the Westchester or 2 hours to go to some of the shops in Natick, but see no good reason to drive even the 30 miles to Norwalk.
to be fair, it was never meant to be a shopping destination for someone 30 miles away. the westchester and the sono mall aren't even 30 miles apart.

Old 11-05-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000fc View Post
to be fair, it was never meant to be a shopping destination for someone 30 miles away. the westchester and the sono mall aren't even 30 miles apart.
But when it can't even differentiate itself over a mall that's 15 miles away....

Old 11-05-2019, 09:44 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Quote:
What stores do you drive all the way to Natick for? It’s a nice mall (though I once had a car stolen from there, it once had the highest auto thief rate in the country

Old 11-05-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
But when it can't even differentiate itself over a mall that's 15 miles away....
You don't see the difference between the Trumbull and SONO Malls?

Old 11-05-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
You don't see the difference between the Trumbull and SONO Malls?
To an upper-middle-class 30 something woman and parent, SoNo offers Nordstrom and Zara, plus a mall that essentially has nothing to entertain the kids.

Old 11-05-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
To an upper-middle-class 30 something woman and parent, SoNo offers Nordstrom and Zara, plus a mall that essentially has nothing to entertain the kids.
They will probably get some more stores in there for you high end folks in piece meal. Have a little patience.

They had this velcro wall thing for kids , the outside area had these seats that kids spin around in. There was a play area on the roof near the beer garden. There were a couple of kids stores that weren't open yet.

Patience, people.

Last edited by SteveM85; 11-05-2019 at 12:19 PM..

Old 11-05-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
They will probably get some more stores in there for you high end folks in piece meal. Have a little patience.

They had this velcro wall thing for kids , the outside area had these seats that kids spin around in. There was a play area on the roof near the beer garden. There were a couple of kids stores that weren't open yet.

Patience, people.
It's become quite apparent people have never been to a brand new mall. Even hudson yards didn't have all its stores open when they opened.

Old 11-05-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
It's become quite apparent people have never been to a brand new mall. Even hudson yards didn't have all its stores open when they opened.
I mean its as if they walk in the first 10 minutes its open:
" Uh oh, there's no Loui Vuitton and no Disneyland rides, this is not a high end destination mall, its just another Trumbull mall"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut