Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2014, 09:09 PM

492 posts, read 486,648 times

Advertisements

Can anybody suggest some good in-ground pool inspection companies in CT ?
Should one get the pool inspected before finalizing the purchase of house?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 07:41 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,493,841 times
If the pool is open then I would definitely. When we bought our home last June the owners were not going to open the pool no matter how much we inquired. Luckily they had it installed only a year before so it was all new basically. We did have them sign off that the pool was free of damage and issues when they closed it just to sort of cover ourselves in the closing. No issues to date the pool runs like a top.

Depending on where in the state you are you can simply inquire with a pool store, a local one that is and they can usually help. Around me Brothers Pool is a great place, albeit sometimes a little pricey. But they are knowledgeable and can either offer assistance or give you a good recommendation. This is in the Wallingford area.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:51 AM

Thanks. I called them but they are overbooked.
Trying to find some other companies that serve Cheshire. Called a couple of them..its amazing some of the companies have so limited service area. I mean, its more of consultation service and any company person could travel from Shelton or Wilton to cheshire.
Any more suggestions....

Old 06-18-2014, 07:22 PM

193 posts, read 372,386 times
I replied to your PM and gave you the name of one company. I've never dealt with them, but I do know someone who works there and they're about 30 mins from Cheshire. A few questions...

Do you know how long ago the pool was put in? Is it open/running now?

If so, does it appear to be in good condition?

Is having a pool even important to you?

Old 06-22-2014, 05:09 PM

Thanks for the reference. My agent recommends to contact the same pool company which services the pool of the seller and they might have a good history of the pool and agree for inspection.
I am planning to call that company.
Regarding your question of having a pool. Thats a big question going on. Initially I never wanted a pool because of the maintenance issues of cost and time, and also the property tax of current property has gone up almost 500 $ because of the pool. But the house is very good and a good location and I guess I am not paying any extra price of the house because of the pool. I am thinking that my kids may enjoy it…and I can never afford to put one in if it is not there. Not sure if its worth it..time will tell.
The pool is vinyl in ground and was made in 2002-2003- so about 11-12 yrs old. It is open and I was told that the current owners use it. But the propane pool heater does not work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut