Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2007, 07:49 PM

9 posts, read 48,508 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am new to this forum and to Fairfield town, would like to have an advice on Hunyadi Avenue street in Fairfield? My husband and I like the house located on Hunyadi Avenue, would like to know about the neighborhood and Holland Hill elementary school.

Thanks
pk1700.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 02:00 PM

15 posts, read 73,682 times
My daughter went to Holland Hill for the first half of kindergarten before we moved to North Carolina. It is a small, neighborhood, family school. Most of the kids walk to school everyday and really enjoy going there.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:16 PM

34,917 posts, read 56,893,272 times
That neighborhood is where my father was born and grew up and I still have family there. It is a great neighborhood. It was built mostly by Hungarians and there are still a few old families there. Holland Hill is a great school. I am sure that your daughter will do well there. My cousin's kids go there and she is very pleased. The neighborhood is convenient to stores, restaurants and the highway. If you like the house, go for it. You will not be sorry. JMHO, Jay

Old 12-17-2007, 01:54 AM

333 posts, read 467,245 times
Friends of mine live in that neighborhood and have nothing but good things to say. I agree that if you like the house, you can't go wrong in Fairfield. The town is one of the most desirable in the nation, IMO.

Good luck

Old 12-25-2007, 08:36 AM

Thank you all for your response. Even though we like the house, I am shy of making an offer because of following two reasons.

1. Single Family home is surrounded by multi family homes.
2. Total lot size is .14 acre.

I can ignore the above mentioned points but they can be against us when we sell this place ten years down the road. All is matter of location location.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Thank you
pk1700

Old 12-25-2007, 10:01 AM

pk1700 - You are correct that there a few two family homes in this area, but there are not a lot and they are pretty nice ones. Because it is a mostly single family neighborhood, they usually get top dollar for rents. Also, they are usually occupied by the landlord as well, so you do not have the trouble of a neighborhood that has a number of homes that are owned by an absentee landlord. My family (aunt,cousins, old family friends) has lived in this neighborhood since 1919 and NEVER had any problems. Of course this is your money and your choice, but I wanted you to know that having multi family homes here is not a problem. Best wishes, Jay

Old 12-25-2007, 10:26 AM

333 posts, read 467,245 times
The only problem regarding multi-family homes in Fairfield are that some of them are rented by students at Fairfield University. Friends of ours said that one house on their street is occupied by FU kids but they don't party much - very well-behaved - if I didn't tell you this, you probably wouldn't even know they were there.

Actually the "problem" really isn't a problem at all.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:15 PM

Thank you all for your response. I am now looking at the other house located on Tunxis Hill Road? Is this the busy road? Is it a good idea to buy the house on this road with two kids?

Thank you and happy new year to all.

Thanks
pk1700

Old 01-02-2008, 08:08 AM

I assume you mean the old Tunxis Hill Road and not the really busy Tunxis Hill Cutoff (Route 58). This road can be somewhat busy at times but not with through traffic just local traffic from neighbors. Not bad at all really. Some locals (like me) use it to avoid the busier Tunxis Hill Cutoff. Personally, I would really have to like the house a lot to consider living on it.

In your previous post you said you changed your mind on Hunyadi Avenue because of the multi-family homes there. There are more multi-family homes on Tunxis Hill Road than Hunyadi Avenue and it is quieter on Hunyadi. Tunxis Hill Road is no more than one block off busy Tunxis Hill Cutoff. Jay

Old 01-02-2008, 08:49 AM

We had decided to buy on Hunyadi Avenue, they had an accepted offer a night before when we were about to make an offer. My offered was delayed because of my mortgage friend being on vacation.

The house is on Tunxis hill road, not the cut off road. We need to buy ASAP, because my landlord is closing our existing place by end of Feb.

Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut