Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2014, 12:08 PM

5 posts, read 8,422 times

Advertisements

Hey y'all,

I'm a 27 year old german female student (studying English literature and media), and am planning to go to Hartford from 1.9.-1.12. this year. And I'm looking for a cheap room to live now. I don't need much since I'll be arriving with only 2 suitcases. So all I need is a room with a desk, a bed and a closet. A hotplate would be nice, but it's not necessary.
Can anyone give me sites, names, places that I can contact?

Thank you all! Have a nice week. Sarah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 12:22 PM

13,373 posts, read 27,044,128 times
Try Craigslist, but look for something on a bus line to your university: hartford rooms & shares classifieds - craigslist Otherwise, the college or university should have an off-campus student housing office.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:29 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPeaks View Post
Hey y'all,

I'm a 27 year old german female student (studying English literature and media), and am planning to go to Hartford from 1.9.-1.12. this year. And I'm looking for a cheap room to live now. I don't need much since I'll be arriving with only 2 suitcases. So all I need is a room with a desk, a bed and a closet. A hotplate would be nice, but it's not necessary.
Can anyone give me sites, names, places that I can contact?

Thank you all! Have a nice week. Sarah

Stay away from North of I-84, on South End/Forg Hollow avoid stay away from Park St area

Hartford West End and Closer to Goodwin Park is better

Old 06-25-2014, 08:58 AM

1,292 posts, read 1,976,191 times
Temple Street Townhouses-Hartford - student housing in downtown Hartford

Just a thought - are you sure you are really going to Hartford and not to a nearby town? At which college will you be studying?

Old 06-25-2014, 11:46 AM

34,936 posts, read 56,945,109 times
I would think the school would offer assistance in finding you housing. Have you talked to them? Jay

Old 07-01-2014, 03:47 PM

Hey guys, thanks for your ideas and input!
I won't be enrolling at a University in Hartford. I just wanna use the libraries there (I already talked to Yale - I'm allowed to use their libraries but am not allowed to borrow books, but my boyfriend, who studies at Trinity, can). I'm still enrolled at my University in Germany, so I guess I won't be allowed to stay at a student dorm in the US.

And yes, RogerAnthony, I want to go to Hartford.

Sarah

Old 07-01-2014, 04:31 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,781,844 times
Okay. Know that in the US, we do month/day/year, so you're better off just writing Sept 1 to Dec 1 until you get used to that. I would suggest that you put an ad on Craigslist hartford. The West End of Hartford and the eastern part of West Hartford have a lot of huge old houses. I bet you that some family would be happy to rent you a room for three months, especially if you go to sleep over at your boyfriend's place, rather than him sleeping over where you are renting. They might view it as a cultural exchange.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Stay away from North of I-84, on South End/Forg Hollow avoid stay away from Park St area

Hartford West End and Closer to Goodwin Park is better
I've heard that some areas in Hartford are super dangerous and criminal, such as Frog Hollow. Is that really true? What is a nicer area then that's still close to Trinity?

Old 07-08-2014, 07:16 AM

34,936 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Look for places in the South End (south of Trinity), Behind the Rocks, Southwest or the West End. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut