Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 12:44 PM

9,917 posts, read 14,779,882 times

Advertisements

I think it would definitely help, but whether it becomes true is another story. The stretch in Stamford is definitely in need of that.

By the way, BPt111 (or anyone else for that matter) shouldn't be posting those types of images on City-Data. A few days ago I got a warning in another part of City-Data for posting a printscreen of a page from a book that is completely available online and its copyright expired a long time ago (the book was published in the 1870's), not to mention that I even included the link. Apparently City-Data 'only publish original content, not something copied and pasted from elsewhere on the internet' and I'm a testament that you can be sanctioned for this.

Just letting the word out, because I was completely unaware of this and by the looks of things, I guess the moderator(s) of the CT forum are also unaware. Maybe its a new rule because I've been doing this (including copying parts of news articles and including the link to the original full article) for many years now in various parts of City-Data with apparently no issues, at least judging from the lack of action from any of the moderators. I have even seen moderators do this too, including one that was published a couple of weeks ago by the moderator that gave me the warning, which is odd to say the least. LOL

Ah well...

Last edited by AntonioR; 07-11-2014 at 12:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 01:46 PM

691 posts, read 1,147,469 times
There is very little congestion--if any--on the stretch where the I-84 HOV lanes currently exist. At the peak of rush hour you'll get very mild delays of a mile or less. People aren't going to pay to 'escape' a delay of a minute or two. Now if the lanes ran through downtown Hartford, where they are really needed...that would be an entirely different story.

I can see them being used on I-91...but the issue is that they wouldn't alleviate the worst of the congestion, which is the 91/84 interchange, as the HOV lane ends a half mile or so before it.

It's as obvious as anything that they're needed in FFC (imagine what someone would pay to escape the daily 25 mile delay)...but we all know that's a lost cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computergeek View Post
Thought of something, why not build the fasttrak lanes on I-84/I-91 in Hartford. They already have the HOV lane there.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:58 PM

14,022 posts, read 13,842,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I think it would definitely help, but whether it becomes true is another story. The stretch in Stamford is definitely in need of that.

By the way, BPt111 (or anyone else for that matter) shouldn't be posting those types of images on City-Data. A few days ago I got a warning in another part of City-Data for posting a printscreen of a page from a book that is completely available online and its copyright expired a long time ago (the book was published in the 1870's), not to mention that I even included the link. Apparently City-Data 'only publish original content, not something copied and pasted from elsewhere on the internet' and I'm a testament that you can be sanctioned for this.

Just letting the word out, because I was completely unaware of this and by the looks of things, I guess the moderator(s) of the CT forum are also unaware. Maybe its a new rule because I've been doing this (including copying parts of news articles and including the link to the original full article) for many years now in various parts of City-Data with apparently no issues, at least judging from the lack of action from any of the moderators. I have even seen moderators do this too, including one that was published a couple of weeks ago by the moderator that gave me the warning, which is odd to say the least. LOL

Ah well...

That why I put Google Image the source but I was tyring to prove a point

Old 07-12-2014, 02:01 PM

9,917 posts, read 14,779,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
That why I put Google Image the source but I was tyring to prove a point
That is pretty much what I said too and still got the warning.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:09 PM

3,347 posts, read 4,150,665 times
I think Fast Track/HOV lanes are a complete waste. How many professionals have regular hours that enable car pooling? If not the hours; extracirricular activities, doctor appointments and other family commitments challenge the concept.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:04 PM

127 posts, read 134,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post
I think Fast Track/HOV lanes are a complete waste. How many professionals have regular hours that enable car pooling? If not the hours; extracirricular activities, doctor appointments and other family commitments challenge the concept.
fasttrak can be handy. Even if the workers in the city center can't use them it doesn't mean it's a waste. If you can get enough of the people that are just driving straight through and not merging into their own separate lane, then it frees up so much more of the regular highway capacity.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:59 PM

34,808 posts, read 56,697,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpfiction View Post
There is very little congestion--if any--on the stretch where the I-84 HOV lanes currently exist. At the peak of rush hour you'll get very mild delays of a mile or less. People aren't going to pay to 'escape' a delay of a minute or two. Now if the lanes ran through downtown Hartford, where they are really needed...that would be an entirely different story.

I can see them being used on I-91...but the issue is that they wouldn't alleviate the worst of the congestion, which is the 91/84 interchange, as the HOV lane ends a half mile or so before it.

It's as obvious as anything that they're needed in FFC (imagine what someone would pay to escape the daily 25 mile delay)...but we all know that's a lost cause.
Fastrak lanes is just a fancy name for HOV lanes that they charge you for. They are found in or near major cities like LA.

The I-84 HOV lane east of Hartford takes you to the Founders Bridge right in the heart of downtown. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut