Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 11:52 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
This station is part of a long range plan to redevelop the whole East Side of Bridgeport including the planned Remington Woods Tecnology Park to the north, the Harbor Point project to the south and the old Remmington Arms project where the station is going to be located. Without a commitment for a station it is unlikely much of these would even get going. I am not saying I am for or against this station but I do see its purpose. Jay
True but this is Bridgeport where talking about...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 02:40 PM

14,044 posts, read 13,917,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
True but this is Bridgeport where talking about...

Bridgeport can't attract companies to move in I don't how it would work. Maybe it be MagRag, Dollar Stores, Mcdonalds, Shop Rite, Pizza Hut type development

Old 07-19-2014, 07:42 AM

Malloy is on the roll

I guess highways, bridges, metro north won't be fixed

PLYMOUTH — Gov. Dannel P. Malloy gave local officials a pointed directive Friday morning: Spend a lot of money as fast possible, instructions that drew hearty laughs from the small crowd that gathered at Town Hall to hear him speak.

Malloy was in town to formally announce the state is giving this small community another $500,0000 for streetscape improvements through the center of its village of Terryville.

The funding is in addition to $350,000 the state gave the town previously for the first phase of the project, money Malloy said the town spent with impressive alacrity.

“These are funds that will have a lasting affect on the town for years to come. These are meaningful improvements that can impact residents and I want (this money) spent quickly because it puts people to work. You’ve certainly demonstrated the ability to spend money quickly.”
The entire streetscape project, which started in 2009, calls for adding granite curbing, brick pavers, new sidewalks, parking, trash receptacles, ornamental lighting, benches, landscaping, drainage and new traffic lights to beautify Route 6 from Main Street to Benedict Street, then east to Allen Street.

The town undertook the first phase with a $350,000 state grant, making improvements to sidewalk areas on the south side of Main Street, from Baldwin Park Lane to the bridge over the Pequabuck River, along with a small segment on the north side of Route 6 at the Maple Avenue intersection.

Improvements to the north side of Route 6 are being done in the second phase of the project. The work will extend from Benedict Street to Maple Street and will be funded with the $500,000 grant.

The Bristol Press: Bristol, Conn., and surrounding areas (BristolPress.com)

Old 07-19-2014, 06:44 PM

10,054 posts, read 14,418,692 times
I think an east end Bridgeport station could be the project that injects life/investment/gentrification into the depressed and poverty-stricken Bridgeport east side. It could be a wonderful start and just the thing to kick-start some "much needed since the 60s" re-development.

**Also, an "old man" rant, lol: What is with the horrible grammar and lack of correctly used English on this board? Not just this CT section, but I've noticed the forum in general has really had the user base turn sloppy as hell recently....it makes things undesirable to even read.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:44 PM

34,915 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I think an east end Bridgeport station could be the project that injects life/investment/gentrification into the depressed and poverty-stricken Bridgeport east side. It could be a wonderful start and just the thing to kick-start some "much needed since the 60s" re-development.

**Also, an "old man" rant, lol: What is with the horrible grammar and lack of correctly used English on this board? Not just this CT section, but I've noticed the forum in general has really had the user base turn sloppy as hell recently....it makes things undesirable to even read.
JJ - I have not seen you post much here recently. Nice to have you back. I too wish more people would try and use better English in their posts but there are no rules on this forum that requires that.

As for East Bridgeport, you have to start somewhere and having good mass transit is at least a start. Without that nothing will happen on the East Side for decades. Jay

Old 07-19-2014, 11:01 PM

Quote:
JJ - I have not seen you post much here recently. Nice to have you back. I too wish more people would try and use better English in their posts but there are no rules on this forum that requires that.

As for East Bridgeport, you have to start somewhere and having good mass transit is at least a start. Without that nothing will happen on the East Side for decades. Jay

What about several bus routes already there and 4-5 min car ride to downtown.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:36 AM

10,054 posts, read 14,418,692 times
Quote:

Hi there JayCT! Yes, I've been more of a browser, rather than consistent contributor the past year or so. Don't get the opportunity to spend as much time as I'd like here, but hope to going forward moreso. As for the English, yes, it's a huge distraction--sort of like reading a poorly written newspaper--makes you want to put it down--haha.

East Bridgeport has potential--I've always thought that since I moved to Fairfield County back in 2006 (now I live in Manhattan, however). I think the train station is an extremely good idea and could be just that thing that is needed for developers to start to invest in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut