Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 03:14 PM

13,992 posts, read 13,772,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpfiction View Post
Safety isnt really the issue. It's actually a very safe city. The issues are that is mega-congested, snobby, and overpriced.

I would'nt say it is safe but low crime-average for it size.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 03:15 PM

13,992 posts, read 13,772,394 times
Living in Downtown Stamford you barley need a car though Metro North and Buses, Shuttles is right there

Old 07-26-2014, 03:25 PM

3,346 posts, read 4,134,723 times
Quote:
It's pretty good in Hartford. Tolland is primarily a bedroom community.
The employment and compensation scene in Stamford is on a whole different plateau. Stamford is also on the water, a short trip from NYC and a much safer city.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:35 PM

691 posts, read 1,144,457 times
You should come up and visit the Hartford metro sometime.

You'd find that we have a much lower COL, very mild traffic, and are only a short drive from a REAL beach (those beaches on the Sound are a complete joke..I've seen kiddie pools with stronger waves.). Oh yeah, we have plenty of jobs...and while our salaries are not quite as high, the MUCH lower cost of real estate more than compensates for the discrepancy.

Oh yeah, the 'keeping up with the Jones' mentality is less prevalent...although, if you're from Wilton, I suppose that's your thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post
The employment and compensation scene in Stamford is on a whole different plateau. Stamford is also on the water, a short trip from NYC and a much safer city.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:39 PM

39 posts, read 47,061 times
Can we please stick to the subject? I posted a couple of links to different buildings, any thoughts on these and their locations ? Which south end parts are good and which are bad ? Is all downtown good? Thanks again!

Old 07-26-2014, 03:50 PM

3,346 posts, read 4,134,723 times
Quote:
You should come up and visit the Hartford metro sometime.

You'd find that we have a much lower COL, very mild traffic, and are only a short drive from a REAL beach (those beaches on the Sound are a complete joke..I've seen kiddie pools with stronger waves.). Oh yeah, we have plenty of jobs...and while our salaries are not quite as high, the MUCH lower cost of real estate more than compensates for the discrepancy.

Oh yeah, the 'keeping up with the Jones' mentality is less prevalent...although, if you're from Wilton, I suppose that's your thing.
Pretty clear you don't know Wilton. Hartford is a fine place but there isn't a single job in my profession in the whole metro.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:55 PM

21,553 posts, read 30,976,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post
Pretty clear you don't know Wilton. Hartford is a fine place but there isn't a single job in my profession in the whole metro.
Don't waste your breath. It's been clear numerous times that pulpfiction does not know anything about most of Fairfield County. They claim to have lived in Stamford, but the ignorant remarks about the county makes me believe otherwise - or they are just completely oblivious.

Old 07-26-2014, 04:54 PM

Guys and galls please help me and don't get distracted with Hartford or any other places

To summarize: what do you think of the links I posted several posts ago?
Which parts of South End in Stamford are good and which are bad? Is all Downtown good? I am talking about safety, amenities etc thanks for the help

Old 07-26-2014, 05:15 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,155,401 times
Downtown Stamford is perfectly safe, Tresselr Blvd, Broad, Summer St, Washington, etc., with plenty of amenities and great nightlife. The south end used to be less desirable but with all the new development going on it may be better now.

Old 07-26-2014, 05:45 PM

Thanks for the answer For example how do I compare
Stamford Apartments in Connecticut | AVA Stamford
Home | 75 Tresser Stamford CT Apartments
Apartment Homes for Rent in Stamford CT | The Key at Yale and Towne
Apartments for Rent in Stamford, CT | 111 Harbor Point - Home
Apartments for Rent in Stamford CT | Postmark Apartments

Are these new buildings in South End good and safe
Thanks again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut