Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 10:46 PM

2 posts, read 3,388 times

Advertisements

Desperately need advice or any kind of feedback!

young couple in early 30's just accepted job offer in Greenwich now relocating to CT from NY

so i went apartment hunting in Greenwich and Stamford - after weeks on internet and phone i am pretty much down to 2 options and cant decide

- 2br Greenwich Place (9 Putnam Green): close to work, pool and tons of space (2br!) BUT older crowd, complex wide spread so less interaction with neighboors ( crazy but "-" for me)
- 1br Infinity (SouthEnd Stamford): insane ammenities, brand new building, renters - mostly young people BUT very very scetchy neighborhood

any feedback on either will be greatly appreciated!!!!!

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 12:34 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,546,066 times
stamford! you're in your 30's not 60's

Old 12-16-2012, 07:44 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,767,626 times
Greenwich-- two bedrooms, bath and a half ! versus Stamford, tiny one bedroom, one bath. When you're living with someone, the more space the better. I'd go with Greenwich.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:12 AM

588 posts, read 1,321,198 times
Greenwich is a beautiful, family-oriented suburb and Stamford is a small city. What type of lifestyle are you looking for? A couple in their 30s can be happy either place - I'd lean towards Greenwich if you are thinking about starting a family soon, and Stamford if you aren't and care more about nightlife (restaurants, bars). To me it sounds like the two specific places you've narrowed it down to aren't the best options in either community.

Don't choose an apartment in an area you consider "sketchy" -- there are a lot of apartment options in Stamford, so why live somewhere you'll feel unsafe? Did you look at the Avalon buildings?

In Greenwich, Putnam Green is kind of in no man's land. If you want more social interaction look closer to downtown Greenwich on the streets immediately off Greenwich Ave.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:19 AM

2 posts, read 3,388 times
Greenwich apartments were only ones i liked condition wise. The one would think for $2,500 i should be able to get a nice 1br in CT but most I saw in downtown Greenwich were just horrible old and dirty (2nd fl of private houses or tiny 1br on church st by whole foods).
as per Stamford...with all the options available there pool was a game changer for me and close proximity to downtown (2-3 blocks aroound broad st) Avalon was the only decent place but then its carper wall to wall and we have a small dog and if we would go out 3 nights a week top...Infinity stole my heart

I was hoping to hear from someone who actually lived in one of those greenwich place apartments how is management like and neighboors and also $$ of utilities

Old 12-16-2012, 03:29 PM

34,948 posts, read 56,989,667 times
I do not know that I would call the area around the Infinity sketchy. Lets just say it is transitioning. Only you and your partner can decide which place suits your life style best. If you want a more urban atmosphere with more to do, then look to Stamford. If you want a quieter life in one of the most exclusive and desireable communities in this country, then select Greenwich. Both would be good choices. Jay

Old 08-14-2014, 12:54 PM

10 posts, read 16,087 times
Hi

In case if you are still living in Putnam Green apartments in Greenwich, CT, an honest feedback of it would help me a lot. I am considering that as one of the shortlisted option.

Thanks.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:35 AM

173 posts, read 220,355 times
Go to Stamford Trust me ! More of a city life and night life than Greenwich! We moved to Stamford from the Bronx and had a great time there plus it is only 40 mins to the City either by car or train

Old 08-15-2014, 05:41 AM

173 posts, read 220,355 times
Ok I just realized this is from 2012 ! I am sure that person moved already LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut