Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 08:01 AM

3 posts, read 3,503 times

Advertisements

Hello..Andthentherewerethree... Thank you for your response. yes..club soccer inLouisiana is the Premier soccer...travel teams... You have to try out..it is very competitive...so it's important that we have a town that has this level of soccer. They practice typically 2-3 x per week so Id prefer it to be in the same town. It's a big deal for my older son.

Husbands business is done online mostly...we do not really need an airport ... But it it would be nice to get to places with direct flights. Nothing is direct out of Baton Rouge...and New Orleans isn't that great either.

I guess what I picture in my mind is a somewhat close to the coast.. .BUT..I don't really want to live directly on the. beach.... Maybe a little inland ..on some acres ..a smaller town would be ok. ..but close to a bigger city that we could have all amenities we are looking for...also...I think coming from private schools in BR that are concerned putting our boys in a huge highschool.. So smaller schools and class sizes would be good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2014, 08:06 AM

3 posts, read 3,503 times
Also.. I think we would want to lease a house for a year or so but really want to get our choice narrowed down ..because I don't want to move schools. We plan on making several trips up..but I'd like to have a good idea of what would be a good fit.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:22 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,230,555 times
ORIGINAL POST BY "CONNECTICUTWANNABE":
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticutwannabe View Post
Hi .... So I posted several months ago about cities I was condidering moving to in CT...and we have narrowed the list. I am very interested I your comments and thoughts. We are moving up from Baton Rouge , Louisiana. We are a very active family... Have a 11 year old , and 12 year old both play "club" soccer. Schools are important .. We are coming out of private schools here..but want to go public. we are considering.. Ridgefield, Fairfield, Easton ( I wouldn't mind a few acres). At one point.. We thought about Lyme CT.. But the more we thought about it seemed just too small of a town ...although the class sizes in the schools was very appealing. Im interested in your opinions and comments ...
RESPONSE FROM "ALWAYSACUBSFAN":
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysacubsfan View Post
Hello..Andthentherewerethree... Thank you for your response. yes..club soccer inLouisiana is the Premier soccer...travel teams... You have to try out..it is very competitive...so it's important that we have a town that has this level of soccer. They practice typically 2-3 x per week so Id prefer it to be in the same town. It's a big deal for my older son.

Husbands business is done online mostly...we do not really need an airport ... But it it would be nice to get to places with direct flights. Nothing is direct out of Baton Rouge...and New Orleans isn't that great either.

I guess what I picture in my mind is a somewhat close to the coast.. .BUT..I don't really want to live directly on the. beach.... Maybe a little inland ..on some acres ..a smaller town would be ok. ..but close to a bigger city that we could have all amenities we are looking for...also...I think coming from private schools in BR that are concerned putting our boys in a huge highschool.. So smaller schools and class sizes would be good.
ORIGINAL POST BY "ALWAYSACUBSFAN" IN A SEPARATE THREAD SEEKING SIMILAR ADVICE, WITH SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT CIRCUMSTANCES:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysacubsfan View Post
These towns are beautiful to me... But, are these towns on the river or coastal....just small towns that people have their summer homes or do real people live here... ? Are there any somewhat young families that just want small , easy , simple life...good schools .without all the keeping up,with the Jones' BS.. Not interested in Greenwich, Westport, Weston.... . I have a young family .. It want an easy quiet life..in a beautiful coastal type setting but don't I don't want my children to be too affected.... We live in Dallas..I am from Chicago. And the kids are all about who has what , and who's dad is who .... I need real , regular , and down to earth.....please help . Is there any escaping this ... My husband travels and works from home... We really like CT , we can afford a house in Greenwich ....but I don't want all that anymore. Need to hear it straight ... Cause I gotta get out of here!
I am so confused . . . I was just going to respond to you regarding Essex, because it's really a beautiful town, and I saw in another thread that you started that you were looking for advice on Essex. Are you coming from Baton Rouge like you mention in this thread, or Dallas as you state in the other one? What towns are you interested in, for real? P.S. Essex is pretty.

Last edited by Lalalally; 08-09-2014 at 08:40 AM..

Old 08-09-2014, 11:01 PM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
I am closing this thread for review. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut