Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2016, 10:53 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,178,118 times

Advertisements

The perp involved in the train station altercation is 100% from Bridgeport-Bridgeport-Bridgeport.
There - I said it. Sorry PC'ers.
To say there is spillover in town is not an outlandish claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 11:04 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post
The perp involved in the train station altercation is 100% from Bridgeport-Bridgeport-Bridgeport.
There - I said it. Sorry PC'ers.
To say there is spillover in town is not an outlandish claim.
How do you know this? You're guessing. This is a great example of bias. You know it to be true best on your biases-- Even though no information has come out to support or contradict your claim.

You certainly could be correct-- but this type of bias certainly casts an aspersion on plenty of hard working urban youth who don't deserve.

bias, bias, bias. There, I said it.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:52 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,178,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
How do you know this? You're guessing. This is a great example of bias. You know it to be true best on your biases-- Even though no information has come out to support or contradict your claim.

You certainly could be correct-- but this type of bias certainly casts an aspersion on plenty of hard working urban youth who don't deserve.

bias, bias, bias. There, I said it.
Of course it's bias, and my guessing is 100% accurate.
This was a degenerate looking to pawn off an iphone in order to sustain an addiction - not rocket science.
This was not a hard working urban youth or any other hard working law abiding individual of any age or demographic.

Old 06-29-2016, 12:17 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
Quote:
This was a degenerate looking to pawn off an iphone in order to sustain an addiction - not rocket science.
This was not a hard working urban youth or any other hard working law abiding individual of any age or demographic.
And how does that give you insight in to where the degenerate resides?

Old 06-29-2016, 12:19 PM

14,045 posts, read 13,917,236 times
Quote:
When crime committed in southern part of Hamden everyone blame New Haven

Old 06-29-2016, 01:27 PM

34,917 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
As someone that grew up in the eastern part of Fairfield and still has a LOT of family and friends there, I can tell you the town does unfortunately have some individuals that could do this. Remember that Fairfield is a pretty diverse town and it has its law abiding and its not law abiding citizens. Still Fairfield is a very safe town and even that area is not one that this kind of thing happens in often. Jay

Old 06-29-2016, 02:10 PM

21,616 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
I think it's fair to say you're giving the benefit of the doubt. I think you'd even admit that.

Old 06-29-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
As someone that grew up in the eastern part of Fairfield and still has a LOT of family and friends there, I can tell you the town does unfortunately have some individuals that could do this. Remember that Fairfield is a pretty diverse town and it has its law abiding and its not law abiding citizens. Still Fairfield is a very safe town and even that area is not one that this kind of thing happens in often. Jay
Of course, as do all towns and cities in the country. I also have family in Fairfield and know several police officers in town. One fixed a riding mower for me just the other day. Casual conversation with them leads me to believe that there absolutely is overflow crime committed by Bridgeport residents. If anyone denies this, it is delusional at best and there is really no further conversation to be had.

For the record, not saying Fairfield is crime ridden. It's a very safe place. Just saying that the crime which occurs there often tends to have a Bridgeport connection.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:11 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,621,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Of course, as do all towns and cities in the country. I also have family in Fairfield and know several police officers in town. One fixed a riding mower for me just the other day. Casual conversation with them leads me to believe that there absolutely is overflow crime committed by Bridgeport residents. If anyone denies this, it is delusional at best and there is really no further conversation to be had.

For the record, not saying Fairfield is crime ridden. It's a very safe place. Just saying that the crime which occurs there often tends to have a Bridgeport connection.
I had a friend in Fairfield whose home was broken into a few times. A cop friend there switched to night shift and was dealing with ongoing robbery calls more than he expected. I figured it has to do with being a home in an upper middle class town along an uber travelled interstate. I also think suburbanites are fairly capable of stealing too. Addiction and financial issues make people do weird things.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
I had a friend in Fairfield whose home was broken into a few times. A cop friend there switched to night shift and was dealing with ongoing robbery calls more than he expected. I figured it has to do with being a home in an upper middle class town along an uber travelled interstate. I also think suburbanites are fairly capable of stealing too. Addiction and financial issues make people do weird things.
Of course - anyone is capable of stealing. The issue here is more violent crime. Drug addicts tend to avoid confrontation and will more often than not, steal instead of rob (at least from what I've seen). The amount of petty larcenies committed by drug users in the suburbs is staggering. Anyway, the original point made my SeaDoo is, violent crime is more commonly committed by someone living in Bridgeport than someone living in Fairfield. It's not a race issue, it's not "bias" - it's probability based on past statistics. As mentioned before, that assumption could be wrong but going based on past incidents, that's probably not the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut