Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2016, 09:53 AM

1,853 posts, read 1,955,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Yes, the real world is based on facts. You're imaging the facts as you'd like them to be-- Assuming that Fairfield is lilly-white and crime free and that all trouble must come from Bridgeport.

You have no actual facts about the incident. You just KNOW that all crime comes from Bridgeport. Is that the "real world" you were talking about?
There is significant violent crime spillover from Bridgeport. If you check the Fairfield Police logs (available at the PD) or even this website: Police - Fairfield Citizen (Jay: I hope this link is allowed) you will find the Bridgeport connection. This is not to say that the residents of Fairfield do not commit any crimes, however when it comes to VIOLENT crime, it usually emanates from Bridgeport. A number of members (Seadoo, Kidyankee, Raider, JayCT, and Siguinox) know what they are talking about as they are from FField. This is not conjecture but reality - I have done my research as well. Also, no one has injected race into this discussion except for you -- Let's stick with the facts not turn this into a race discussion.

Fairfield-Bridgeport line is the worst with respect to crime, you don't find similar issues on the Westport, Easton lines. The fact is that Bridgeport is a lower income city, with many many run down neighborhoods that attract criminals, low lives for the cheaper rents/crime opportunities (due to political corruption/overwhelmed police). Some of these low-lives see Fairfield as a target rich environment (pardon the pun), with many opportunities to commit crime.

I hope that Fairfield PD cracks down on these issues and makes sure that the criminals from Bridgeport do not target Fairfield.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 10:30 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,202,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
There is significant violent crime spillover from Bridgeport. If you check the Fairfield Police logs (available at the PD) or even this website: Police - Fairfield Citizen (Jay: I hope this link is allowed) you will find the Bridgeport connection. This is not to say that the residents of Fairfield do not commit any crimes, however when it comes to VIOLENT crime, it usually emanates from Bridgeport. A number of members (Seadoo, Kidyankee, Raider, JayCT, and Siguinox) know what they are talking about as they are from FField. This is not conjecture but reality - I have done my research as well. Also, no one has injected race into this discussion except for you -- Let's stick with the facts not turn this into a race discussion.

Fairfield-Bridgeport line is the worst with respect to crime, you don't find similar issues on the Westport, Easton lines. The fact is that Bridgeport is a lower income city, with many many run down neighborhoods that attract criminals, low lives for the cheaper rents/crime opportunities (due to political corruption/overwhelmed police). Some of these low-lives see Fairfield as a target rich environment (pardon the pun), with many opportunities to commit crime.

I hope that Fairfield PD cracks down on these issues and makes sure that the criminals from Bridgeport do not target Fairfield.
I agree. I will say that to my knowledge, Fairfied PD does a great job enforcing and keeping the town safe.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:33 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post

All of which I would concede-- I moved to Trumbull in 1978, so using your yardstick, I know what I'm talking about too... (About to move back to the area for a fourth time, believe it or not).

For the third time-- My problem is with the automatic assumption that ALL crime emanates from the cities. It does not.

If you want kids from the city to have a chance, you can't assume they're criminals. I simply like to have the facts before blaming any specific incident on anyone-- which in this case we did not.

I am well aware of the past history.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:38 AM

2,005 posts, read 2,088,220 times
Quote:
All of which I would concede-- I moved to Trumbull in 1978, so using your yardstick, I know what I'm talking about too... (About to move back to the area for a fourth time, believe it or not).

For the third time-- My problem is with the automatic assumption that ALL crime emanates from the cities. It does not.

If you want kids from the city to have a chance, you can't assume they're criminals. I simply like to have the facts before blaming any specific incident on anyone-- which in this case we did not.

I'm trying to find where someone said ALL crime in Fairfield comes from Bridgeport....or that all kids in Bridgeport are criminals, but I can't find it. I think you're just putting words in people's mouths and really misconstruing what people are saying... or you're just ignoring it...

People are saying it is LIKELY that a violent incident, which occurred on the Fairfield/Bridgeport border, was committed by a Bridgeport resident. Anyone who can't wrap their head around that is blind to reality..

Old 07-05-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I agree. I will say that to my knowledge, Fairfied PD does a great job enforcing and keeping the town safe.
I agree. When I was at the PD about 2 weeks ago, they did mention that there would be stepped up patrols/greater focus on the eastern part of Fairfield. As you know from the other thread, my elderly parents will be living there soon and I would like to make sure that they are ok.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:

Fair enough. For the record, I grew up in some of the roughest neighborhoods in Boston (working class family) so there is no knee jerk blaming cities, minorities here. Boston, as we have seen earlier in this thread, is one of the safest large cities in New England. The issue is not cities but rather the comparatively high concentration of criminals in Bridgeport -- which causes crime to increase with the Greater Bridgeport area (including BPort as well).

Old 07-05-2016, 10:56 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post

People are saying it is LIKELY that a violent incident, which occurred on the Fairfield/Bridgeport border, was committed by a Bridgeport resident. Anyone who can't wrap their head around that is blind to reality..
No. They concluded that, without a doubt, the perpetrator was from Bridgeport. You can reread the thread if you'd like. I'd just like to know things before we assume them to be fact.

Old 07-05-2016, 11:02 AM

2,005 posts, read 2,088,220 times
Quote:
No. They concluded that, without a doubt, the perpetrator was from Bridgeport. You can reread the thread if you'd like. I'd just like to know things before we assume them to be fact.
Maybe it's you who needs to "reread the thread".... here are the initial comments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I think SeaDoo means that because that part of Fairfield is bordered by Bridgeport, which undoubtedly has a higher violent crime rate, chances are, the suspect comes from Bridgeport. Could he be wrong? Yes. Is it likely he's wrong? Probably not.

It's not so much bias as it is drawing a likely conclusion based on historical data. See: Probability.
Quote:
Exactly, and it's all available information to see how many violent crime suspects in FFLD come from Bridgeport...

So there you have it... Raider is the only one who said the perp was "100% from Bridgeport".... rest of us said it's LIKELY he's from Bridgeport...

You're taking offense to something that shouldn't be taken offense to.. again, you're ignoring probability and reality..

Old 07-05-2016, 11:07 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,180,209 times
Quote:
Maybe it's you who needs to "reread the thread".... here are the initial comments...

So there you have it... Raider is the only one who said the perp was "100% from Bridgeport".... rest of us said it's LIKELY he's from Bridgeport...

You're taking offense to something that shouldn't be taken offense to.. again, you're ignoring probability and reality..
Correct - I said it.
In this case - 100% and without a doubt from Bridgeport. No need to reread.

Old 07-05-2016, 04:38 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,934,018 times
Hamden border New Haven and East hartford has same issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut