Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2018, 05:42 PM

14,039 posts, read 13,855,431 times

Advertisements

Connecticut violent crime summary so far in 2018 compare to last year

Hartford is current at 18 homicides with 113 shootings indents so far this year homicides are down 10% over last year which had 20 but shootings indents and victims has rose 16%. Robberies are at historic low in Hartford but assaults are highest since 2013 despite that overall crime rate is lowest in nearly 30 years it been trending down.

New Haven overall crime is way down this year again it been trending down since 2011 when the city saw violent crime rates they hasn't seen since late 1990s. The year 2006 the crime has climbed in New Haven but in 2011 to 2013 the crime rate started to go went down dramatic. The city is current at 8 homicides for the year it up this year from total of 7 last year it is still historic low number for New Haven.

Bridgeport has been stable it trend up and down each year the crime this year in Bridgeport is down from last year. The city is at eight homicides this year way down from 18 at same point in 2017 overall crime is down from 2017 also.

Waterbury is at 5 homicides so far this year the city has seen upstick in level of violent crime since 2011 and numerous thefts around the state see the fair share of tieing back to Waterbury.

Stamford has seen upstick violent crime this year from seeing zero murders in 2017 to 3 so far this year after uprise on WestSide of the city

Norwalk overall crime is down this year

New London, New Britain, Meriden, Ansonia, Derby, Danbury crime is down
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2018, 09:12 AM

CT near end violent crime totals homicides are down across the state but few places saw a increase

Hartford is current at 21 homicides for 2018 last year total was 29 it is 27% decrease overall. Shootings are up 3% 138 compare to 133 in 2017 overall crime is down 10% the lowest in while. Robberies and break ins in Hartford this year is at historic lows.

New Haven is current at 9 homicides for the year two more than historic low of 7 in 2017 which is 28% increase over last year. Shootings in New Haven are way down it is at 50 for year so far compare to 61 in 2017 which is 18% decrease overall. The overall crime in city is down almost 20% lowest crime numbers in long time such as robberies and all other violent crime.

Bridgeport is current at 11 homicides for the year 2017 total was 23 it represent 52% reduction in homicides. Shootings are down 11% 99 shooting victims this year so far compare to 112 last year. Overall crime is down 8% expect for assaults and rapes

Waterbury is current at eight homicides for year it increase over 5 homicides total for 2017. There been 51 been hit gunfire in Waterbury this year compare to 52 in 2017. Overall crime is down in Waterbury by 4% compare to 2017.

Stamford is current at 4 homicides this year last year the city record zero homicides majority has been domestic violence and disputes. Overall crime down in Stamford this year over last year

Norwalk 0
New London 2
Meriden 1
New Britain 1
West Haven 1
East Hartford 2

Old 01-20-2019, 11:36 AM

New Haven crime is on decline since 2011 when the city saw 34 homicides and outbreak of crime. In 2017 the city saw record low of 7 homicides and in 2018 slight uptick to 10 two are consider self defense. New Haven had 298 robberies which is record low number.

Last edited by BPt111; 01-20-2019 at 11:47 AM..

Old 01-20-2019, 11:42 AM

The city of Waterbury has seen uptick in crime since 2013 especially in shots fired, shootings, thefts, assaults. The city had recorded 8 homicides in 2018 down from 10 in 2017 overall crime drop 13% from 2017 as city create task force to tackle the problem. The more alarming number is auto thefts which is highest in the state Hartford and Bridgeport are tied for 710.

"The total number of shots fired — where a gun was confirmed to have been fired — decreased from 139 in 2017 to 111 in 2018"

"Larcenies also increased in 2018, pushing the total number past 2,900 for the year. Close to 900 of those thefts were the result of car break-ins and shoplifting."

"Adding to that total were the 846 cars stolen in the city last year. That number is more than double the 420 swiped in 2010. O’Leary said he’s pleading with residents to lock their cars and not leave the keys in them, which is how the majority of cars are stolen"

https://www.rep-am.com/local/news-lo...rate-drops-13/ paywall

Old 01-20-2019, 12:17 PM

21,646 posts, read 27,940,795 times
So Waterbury has more shots fired than New Haven despite being a smaller city.

Goes to show how directly economic activity affects crime. One city on the rise, other either stagnant or falling economically.

Old 01-20-2019, 03:16 PM

4,425 posts, read 3,316,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
New Haven crime is on decline since 2011 when the city saw 34 homicides and outbreak of crime. In 2017 the city saw record low of 7 homicides and in 2018 slight uptick to 10 two are consider self defense. New Haven had 298 robberies which is record low number.

Good for New Haven. It appears violent crime is way down over the last decade.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post

Good for New Haven. It appears violent crime is way down over the last decade.
Downtown is a very different place than it was 10 years ago. Crown Street has transformed.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:57 AM

4,425 posts, read 3,316,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Downtown is a very different place than it was 10 years ago. Crown Street has transformed.

I really like New Haven. My friend was in Yale New Haven Hospital. I picked up her daughter and then we went to see her. I had to go to the Guitar Center in Orange first so we took the Post Road/Route1 into New Haven. I had never done that before and we kind of got lost. We were riding around downtown trying to get to Yale. The entire downtown area looks really nice.

I have an idea for the new Governor. I think New Haven could/should be the premier city in CT. It is the "lynch pin" of the Stamford--New Haven--Hartford corridor. Instead of trying to make ALL the cities better and dumping money all over lets target one city at a time. Give the city enough money to become really great and then move onto the next. This is what I would like to see in order of importance.

1) New Haven (you can really tell New Haven is trying to better itself)
2) Bridgeport (ugh.....I hate to say it but it seems no matter how much money goes into Bridgeport from the state it never seems to get better)
3) Hartford

Old 01-26-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:

I really like New Haven. My friend was in Yale New Haven Hospital. I picked up her daughter and then we went to see her. I had to go to the Guitar Center in Orange first so we took the Post Road/Route1 into New Haven. I had never done that before and we kind of got lost. We were riding around downtown trying to get to Yale. The entire downtown area looks really nice.

I have an idea for the new Governor. I think New Haven could/should be the premier city in CT. It is the "lynch pin" of the Stamford--New Haven--Hartford corridor. Instead of trying to make ALL the cities better and dumping money all over lets target one city at a time. Give the city enough money to become really great and then move onto the next. This is what I would like to see in order of importance.

2) Bridgeport (ugh.....I hate to say it but it seems no matter how much money goes into Bridgeport from the state it never seems to get better)
3) Hartford
Yes, but to do that we need support for a few things. One is a more robust Tweed. The other is faster rail service to NYC. Hopefully Ned has some success there.

NHV is certainly now the cultural capital of CT. Stamford is already successful because of NYC. But New Haven can stand on its own as our successful small city. Our Austin/Boulder/Burlington/Portland. It has the higher education advantage.

It is getting there and gentrifying. Lots of startups are popping up. The challenge is keeping them there. Also, one thing the city hasn't had is establishing companies moving in that aren't in the Yale bubble. It can get there with the right vision.

Route 1 until New Haven can be a little depressed in areas, but glad you saw some of the improved areas.

Old 01-26-2019, 11:55 AM

58 posts, read 50,340 times
Quote:

3) Hartford

I really do not understand the Bridgeport hate on this website. BR was already nice when I moved here and it is getting better every year. Brewport and Harlan House have me going downtown more than I did when I moved here. Apartments are being built like crazy. It isn’t New Haven, we don’t have Yale, but we are closer to NYC and it is becoming quite the bedroom community for commuters to Stamford and NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut