Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 01:26 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,463,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist&musician View Post
I have to tell you as an artist and musician that really pisses me off. It also pisses me off as a taxpayer when jobs are handed out to friends and family, that needs to stop. But $200,000 is totally out of control.

Are you sure this is true?
This got me thinking. So I did a quick search for CATHY MALLOY on CTSUNLIGHT.ORG. What did I find...? Her salary was not listed (as ALL public officials salaries should be).

But, the Courant ran a news article that said her salary was not disclosed, but her predecessors salary was $175,000/yr. So yes, I would say it is up around the $200,000 mark.

Pretty soon they'll be two more people on the State unemployment books.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 06:14 AM

So, Malloy has been in office (2nd term) for about 4 months now. I have to ask the question...does anyone feel like he has checked out? His budget is filled with loopholes, false promises (i.e. tax eliminations) and just disregard for CT Citizens. I just feel like he cut so much that services will scream, the law makers will give them the money back and raise our taxes. Malloy will have his hands cleans because lawmakers raised taxes, not him.

He is more concerned with getting to Washington than running the State, which is fine, but your job right now is to run the State. He has two new positions in Washington and those seem more important to him than making sure CT limps to recovery. He sold his house so he has no skin in the game.

When his team makes a comment like "why do you rob a bank, because that's were the money is" it does not give me a warm and fuzzy. They see businesses/hospitals as cash cows. Totally backwards.

Old 03-02-2015, 06:48 AM

470 posts, read 1,655,743 times
I honestly don't think his proposed budget was his actual budget. The right is always screaming to cut taxes. This budget shows what will happen if taxes are cut. We will loose so many essential services that people in this state depend upon. I am fine with taxes staying where they are right now. Lowering the sales tax to 5.75% will so almost nothing to my budget and will effect purchases by pennies but have a huge impact on the state.

I know paying the tax man sucks. Everyone wants to live in a society where they have police and fire protection, a military force, social services to fall back on, and roads they can drive on. No one wants to pay for this.

I have a feeling that in the coming weeks we will see his "revision" of the budget that keeps taxes where they are and keeps funding for essential services.

Old 03-02-2015, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydez View Post
I honestly don't think his proposed budget was his actual budget. The right is always screaming to cut taxes. This budget shows what will happen if taxes are cut. We will loose so many essential services that people in this state depend upon. I am fine with taxes staying where they are right now. Lowering the sales tax to 5.75% will so almost nothing to my budget and will effect purchases by pennies but have a huge impact on the state.

I know paying the tax man sucks. Everyone wants to live in a society where they have police and fire protection, a military force, social services to fall back on, and roads they can drive on. No one wants to pay for this.

I have a feeling that in the coming weeks we will see his "revision" of the budget that keeps taxes where they are and keeps funding for essential services.
I have to agree with you. If taxes stayed the same, I'm fine with that. It's more of a stability thing for me. I can adapt, I just like to know the end point.

But that begs the question, where does the money come from to pay for the anticipated large interest payments and deficit? We'll see some fee increases along with some tax increases is what I see.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:31 AM

2,753 posts, read 3,283,562 times
The thing about politicians is that they lie. Politicians are people and people lie. JFK has lied, Ella Grasso has lied, and Ronald Reagan has lied. I understand that people find Malloy to be dishonest but I feel he was a better candidate than Foley. I felt like this race was about choosing the less evil. I don't find Malloy to be the main reason why our state has seen so little growth. People literally blame him for everything and not that I support him but he's not the main issue. The state legislators and general assembly all have issues. I lost respect to Malloy when he promised the tax rebate but that never happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut