Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2014, 10:42 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,490,263 times

Advertisements

Malloy must be desperate. Two Presidents in one week.

Obama in Bridgeport to help boost support. OO yea, this is after going to Greenwich for a fundraiser that cost $32,500 PER PLATE to attend. And Foley is the problem. This might hurt him in the long run.

Tonight, Clinton in Hartford. Granted I really like Clinton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 10:57 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
Desperate?

No, he's going for the kill, right here, right now.

Have you not been seeing the polling showing Foley's ship is sinking?

Old 10-13-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Desperate?

I have seen the polls, but the truth will come out that Tuesday Night in November. Up until then it's speculation and banter.

Something needs to be changed. But Connecticut is known as "The land of steady habits: so who knows.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:30 PM

642 posts, read 859,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Government is not a business. The mission of a business is to make profit. The mission of government is to protect the rights of the people and ensure equal opportunity for all citizens. Therefore, I will not be voting for Foley. He is a super rich Republican from Greenwich.
You know what NEP, all your posts really got me thinking. So I saw my mom this morning and asked her who she is voting for. She said "Malloy all the way" and then began to say many of the things you are saying.

You and my mom are making a convincing argument for Malloy.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:03 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:

Obama in Bridgeport to help boost support. OO yea, this is after going to Greenwich for a fundraiser that cost $32,500 PER PLATE to attend. And Foley is the problem. This might hurt him in the long run.

Tonight, Clinton in Hartford. Granted I really like Clinton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Desperate?

Quote:
I have seen the polls, but the truth will come out that Tuesday Night in November. Up until then it's speculation and banter.

Something needs to be changed. But Connecticut is known as "The land of steady habits: so who knows.
I'll speculate that all the catheters in the world won't stop the leak for Foley.

Old 10-13-2014, 05:57 PM

Fyi, Malloy received $7500 a month rental for his Stamford home (this was before he sold it). He claimed rental income of just $1,750 for the entire year. What happened to the remaining $88k? It works both ways.

Old 10-13-2014, 08:00 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,017,510 times
The Obama presidency is totally toxic at the moment and he is staying away from most campaigns out of fear of alienating more voters

However Obama is coming to CT and RI

Shows how out of touch the electorate is here

Old 10-13-2014, 09:07 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,949,724 times
I approve of Barack Obama as of now. I think he's doing everything right. It's just Republicans in Congress that are succeeding at making him look bad. I would vote him in for a 3rd term if he ran again.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:09 PM

642 posts, read 859,012 times
Quote:
Fyi, Malloy received $7500 a month rental for his Stamford home (this was before he sold it). He claimed rental income of just $1,750 for the entire year. What happened to the remaining $88k? It works both ways.
Can you provide some sort of proof of this with an article, news story or news source?

Let's face it, the state is so corrupt even the CT Magazine had a cover that called CT "Corrupticut". I assume most politicians in this state have some sort of this thing going on. Here is what I try to do when I vote, figure out which politician is going to screw me and the middle class the least.

**Foley has a yacht, a plane, a mansion in Greenwich and me made no income for 2 years. How in the world can you support a yacht, a plane and a mansion in Greenwich with no income?

**Malloy (by your account) did not report 88K of his income.

Which in your opinion is worst and who do you think will screw the middle class the least? I am leaning towards Malloy on this one.

(ps: Thank You CT Republican and Democratic parties for giving us such stellar candidates to choose from lol)

Last edited by CTartist&musician; 10-13-2014 at 09:17 PM..

Old 10-13-2014, 09:18 PM

3,350 posts, read 4,168,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist&musician View Post
Can you provide some sort of proof of this with an article, news story or news source?

Let's face it, the state is so corrupt even the CT Magazine had a cover that called CT "Corrupticut". I assume most politicians in this state have some sort of this thing going on. Here is what I try to do when I vote, figure out which politician is going to screw me and the middle class the least.

**Foley has a yacht, a plane, a mansion in Greenwich and me made no income for 2 years. How in the world can you support a yacht, a plane and a mansion in Greenwich with no income?

**Malloy (by your account) did not report 88K of his income.

Which in your opinion is worst and who do you think will screw the middle class the least?

(ps: Thank You CT Republican and Democratic parties for giving us such stellar candidates to choose from lol)
He didn't report no income silly--- just did not pay taxes due to losses in his investments in a closely held S Corp (2.8 million was his income). There is quite a big difference.

Here is your source for the misrepresented rent on the Malloy tax return. Don't believe the communist rag paper as to the spin though.

Malloy writes off nearly $200K in rental income - Connecticut Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut