Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2014, 09:41 AM

642 posts, read 858,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post
Those loopholes are for corporations, not rich individuals

The loopholes are for international companies who earn money overseas, not in the jurisdiction of the US. Just like Apple and Google use tactics like the "double irish" to shield money made overseas these corporations do the same.

What you are talking about is corporate tax reform.

Well answer the question!
Exactly, those rules are for corporations and just as a reminder here is something I posted previously.

"Foley showed reporters those and a few other numbers, but not his state taxes, and not the source of his business gains and losses, chiefly a $2.8 million type-S corporation loss in 2011, which comes off the top of his personal income and can be carried forward for years."

"There are games out there," said Pomp, ....... "We don't know what's sitting in that S-corp(oration) and the fact that he won't tell us is a big red flag."

Are you getting the picture now? Do you notice the word "corporation" in relation to what I am posting about Foley? The wealthy set up corporations to shelter their income.

Capisce?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 10:02 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,489,693 times
Honestly,who can keep up with this? Last night I checked Foley was leading, now Malloy is leading RealClearPolitics - Election 2014 - Connecticut Governor - Foley vs. Malloy

It will be an interesting Wednesday morning.

I hope Foley pulls it out and wins because CT can't handle 4 more years of this Malloy.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:34 AM

1,679 posts, read 3,017,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist&musician View Post
Exactly, those rules are for corporations and just as a reminder here is something I posted previously.

"Foley showed reporters those and a few other numbers, but not his state taxes, and not the source of his business gains and losses, chiefly a $2.8 million type-S corporation loss in 2011, which comes off the top of his personal income and can be carried forward for years."

"There are games out there," said Pomp, ....... "We don't know what's sitting in that S-corp(oration) and the fact that he won't tell us is a big red flag."

Are you getting the picture now? Do you notice the word "corporation" in relation to what I am posting about Foley? The wealthy set up corporations to shelter their income.

Capisce?
No because like a said before Foley's corporation lost money and his losses were carried forward just like earning...

-1M, +500K, +500K

His net income from the S Corporation was zero and therefore paid zero taxes. This isn't a loophole

The other link you posted was for corporations that earn income overseas from other countries and then need to bring the money home. This is not really a loophole either because the money was not made in the US and secondly as I pointed out the US corporation pay 35% plus 12% for a grand total of 47% on income they earn domestically.

Let me ask you something do you actually believe the stuff you write?

Do you believe that a corporation paying 47% has a loophole and is not paying their fair share while poor people and half the population pay nothing?

It isn't which is why your argument doesn't make any sense.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:38 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,947,442 times
YES! Malloy is suddenly leading again!

RealClearPolitics - Election 2014 - Connecticut Governor - Foley vs. Malloy

Old 11-02-2014, 10:54 AM

14,054 posts, read 13,934,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post

Prepare your wallets for a tax increase, CT budget budget crisis of 2015, Companies bond to leave the state, Tolls on I-95 and I-84, Gas Tax and many more...

Old 11-02-2014, 10:55 AM

3,350 posts, read 4,168,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
That's about to change. Visconti just dropped out and supported Foley! FTW!

Old 11-02-2014, 11:10 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,861,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post
That's about to change. Visconti just dropped out and supported Foley! FTW!
I wonder how much arm twisting Foley did when he reached out to Visconti.

I was going to do a "protest" vote for Visconti.

Now i have to decide whether or not to leave the line blank, or vote for Malloy. This Repub isn't voting for Foley, that's for certain.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:31 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,230,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
If a boat is registered in CT you will pay property tax. I have said it before, but if you want to see tax evasion go to any marina in CT. Look at the number of boats registered in Florida and Delaware. You know how much gas would cost to drive a 50 ft boat in the ocean to Florida from CT? A boat that size isn't going to be towed over the highways. So, how did it get to CT ? and when is it leaving ?

I even saw one of these boats once at a CT marina registered in Colorado? I didn't know Colorado had ocean front property.

While on the subject of boats I believe there was some sort of debate over sales taxes on repairs made to boats in CT. The kicker was Rhode Island doesn't have this sales tax, so more business would go to them instead. I'm not sure if this sales tax was ever passed.
This seriously is not true. We've owned a boat for 15 years, registered in CT and docked on candlewood lake at the New Fairfield town marina. There is no personal property tax paid on it. Just the annual registration fee. The only property tax we have to pay is real estate and motor vehicle.

Edit - I just pulled out this years registration. It cost 82.50 to register our boat in 2014. It's a 24' bow rider/pleasure type-boat. It's a comparable amount that we pay to register our cars, but unlike our cars, we don't have to pay the town of New Fairfield an extra annual personal property tax based on the mill-rate like we have to do for our cars...Just the annual registration fee to the state, like you do for cars.

Further Edit: I just took a look at my husband's SUV registration that came in the mail this week. Boat registration is not comparable, it's actually a lot less! His truck reg. is 186.40! Holy geez!!

Last edited by Lalalally; 11-02-2014 at 12:15 PM..

Old 11-02-2014, 12:23 PM

President Obama arrived at Andrews Air Force base in Washington. D.C at about 1:13 p.m. and boarded Junior Air Force One, a smaller version designed to land at airports like Tweed in East Haven. He is now bound for Connecticut.

If you are planning on traveling on Interstate 95 this afternoon should be advised that a presidential motorcade will likely get in your way.
President Barrack Obama is scheduled to headline a rally at 3:30 p.m. in Bridgeport and is landing at Tweed New Haven Airport in East Haven at about 2:30 p.m. That means a motorcade ride from there to Bridgeport sometime after 2:30 p.m.
The way motorcades work is streets are blocked at the presidential vehicles travel along them. For I95, police will stop Northbound and Southbound traffic just before the motorcade enters the highway.
While Obama is Southbound, traffic will follow behind him – well out of sight – after an appropriate delay. Northbound traffic will be stopped until he enters Bridgeport.
The same procedure will be repeated when he travels back to the airport. His departure from Tweed is estimated at 4:55 p.m.
So plan your trip accordingly.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:27 PM

from NH Register obama on CT Soil

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut