Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 10:15 AM

34,727 posts, read 56,531,322 times

Advertisements

Please stop the bickering and return to the topic of the OP. JayCT, Moderator
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 07:02 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,444,566 times
Just had lunch today at the one in Wallingford. Good chicken! Glad they expanded up north.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:18 AM

1,231 posts, read 2,677,340 times
Looks like they're actually trying to back away from the stance of the late founder.
And the food is good.. So ??? can we let people eat more chicken???

" "We are not a political organization. We are not a social change organization. We are a restaurant," David Farmer, Chick-fil-A's vice president of menu strategy and development, said during a tour of the company's Atlanta headquarters."

Chick-fil-A is reinventing itself - Business Insider

Old 05-15-2016, 01:24 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,088,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seymourct View Post
Looks like they're actually trying to back away from the stance of the late founder.
And the food is good.. So ??? can we let people eat more chicken???

" "We are not a political organization. We are not a social change organization. We are a restaurant," David Farmer, Chick-fil-A's vice president of menu strategy and development, said during a tour of the company's Atlanta headquarters."

Chick-fil-A is reinventing itself - Business Insider
Yep, they're making an effort. It was a black eye for the organization in the eyes of many.

The last time I eat there I was at an airport somewhere. Good would not be my opinion... I do have a weakness for good fried chicken. Popeyes, I like. I've cut down on fast food to almost none.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:34 AM

34,727 posts, read 56,531,322 times
They want to build a Chick-Fil-A on Main Street in Glastonbury, next to McDonald's. A developer wants to tear down the restaurant and the old Colonnade building and put up a small four-building shopping center. One of the buildings will be a Chick-fil-A restaurant. I do not particularly care for Chick-Fil-A but I guess it will be a decent addition to town. Jay

Chick-Fil-A Restaurant Anchoring Proposed Glastonbury Development - Courant Community

Old 06-03-2016, 01:49 PM

1,231 posts, read 2,677,340 times
Well all I can say is with McD as the primary grab and go quick food w/in Seymour town lines, I'm all for a chicken joint to open up here, regardless of brand. It could be a Popeyes or a KFC too, I'm just sick of McD Subway or pizza as our only in town options. My side of town, northeast by Woodbridge on this side of the river has a Dunkin that's not a drive thru.

Old 06-04-2016, 12:13 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,911,973 times
Sounds great, especially since all the extremist loons won't go there.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:17 AM

814 posts, read 906,820 times
I hope they dont lose track of their values. Living in the south now I have had much better fried chicken the Chic-fil A or KFC but what I liked about Chic-fil A is they stood by their values despite media and public opinion.

The company makes a profit and gives employees off on Sundays in a industry that stays open 24-7 in some locations.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:20 AM

1,395 posts, read 1,499,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEN 1 View Post
I hope they dont lose track of their values. Living in the south now I have had much better fried chicken the Chic-fil A or KFC but what I liked about Chic-fil A is they stood by their values despite media and public opinion.

The company makes a profit and gives employees off on Sundays in a industry that stays open 24-7 in some locations.
I heard through a friend that the one in Wallingford does 100K+ a week in sales.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:20 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,088,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEN 1 View Post

I don't consider discrimination a value.... But I hope you enjoy the chicken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut