Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 02:51 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromCT View Post
Exactly. I don't know why people are so fired up about this place. Personally I have no plans to go there based on what they serve and the attitudes of the higher ups. Now, if In N Out Burger came up here. . .
Love In n Out. I take the Red Eye back from LA frequently. Always spend an hour or two sitting outside at In n Out, watching the planes land and eating a burger and shake.

In n Out prints discreet bible versus on their cups but doesn't have announce discriminatory practices or positions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 03:51 PM

2,637 posts, read 7,427,019 times
I've heard it's a zoo up at the opening. I saw online several people I know stopped by there.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:37 PM

2,358 posts, read 2,181,264 times
As most these fad places, I give it a few years. The hyped chain restaurants really don't fair well in New England, for numerous reasons.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:51 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
This chain has "Garbage meals" as I've had some from that chain eons ago. Why consume the added sugars and sodium their meals contain that are not good for one?

Instead dine at home by purchasing a roasted Chicken at a Costco or BJ's for $4.99 (or from other places) add a healthy salad and your golden for approx., the same price range imho.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:01 PM

1,572 posts, read 1,559,456 times
I hope they can get a Chick-Fil-A in Hartford County. I'd definitely go to it!

As far as I know, Brookfield notwithstanding, the closest existing location is on MA Route 33 in Chicopee, MA, near Exit 5 of I-90/Massachusetts Turnpike. There's also a fairly new location in Warwick, RI on Bald Hill Road, not quite near their mall, however.

I've had Chick-Fil-A at the Gallery Mall food court in Philadelphia. I've also had it twice at the Quakerbridge Mall along US Route 1 North in Lawrence, NJ.

Two words: WAFFLE FRIES!

Old 10-09-2014, 07:28 PM

9,523 posts, read 16,503,270 times
I've always wondered why so many Americans follow the crowd. There is nothing special about Chick-fil-A. It's a very bland sandwich, and the restaurant chain is way over priced. I tried it a few time when travelling, and it was the only restaurant around a fwy ramp. I'm beginning to think there are some in this country, that think that Chick-fil-A is fine dining. I hope you enjoy the restaurant, but I just don't get the appeal for Chick-Fil-A.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:13 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
This will be Ct's next Krispy Kreme (MIlford). Big deal week one, not able to see its first anniversary.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:25 PM

4,502 posts, read 4,607,884 times
I like chik filet but they have so little variety its easy to get burned out on them real fast. I do like their chicken noodle soup and I think their sweet tea is the best sweet tea that ive ever had in a restaraunt and in the summertime I buy it by the gallon.

One thing i do like is chik filet is closed on Sundays. Another thing I like is the employees are very polite. They seem like a different class of workers than what you find in other fast food places such as Taco Bell and Popeyes.

As far as chick filet doesnt like gays, its the ceo and not the employees. Their ceo has never made any secret about his religious beliefs. Chik Filet hires gay people and treats them fairly. The employees are very considerate and nice to openly gay people who eat at their establishments.

Their ceo has a right to his opinion and he seems to live his beliefs as Chik Filet is closed on Sundays. I can respect him for that because chki filet probably loses alot of money by closing on Sundays. That would be about 52 days a year nearly every chik filet in the nation is closed and no money is coming in. Try to imagine how much money that would be on each sunday, maybe 400 restaraunts and then figure it over 52 days. I
I bet it has to be in the millions.

If you boycott everyplace that an elderly ceo does not agree with gay lifestyle, you would probably put a serious dent in the amount of restaraunts that you can visit

I just cant see boycotting them but if thats what you wanna do, thats your right.

All that said , I like Popeyes better than Chik Filet. They have more variety and better sides.

Last edited by Ivory Lee Spurlock; 10-09-2014 at 08:49 PM..

Old 10-09-2014, 08:38 PM

642 posts, read 858,557 times
I don't eat fast food but if I did I would not eat there either because of the anti-gay beliefs of the owner. I also go to Target (even thought it costs a few cents more) instead of Walmart because they treat their employees better.

Freedom and Capitalism are great things. The owner should have a right to his beliefs but I (and millions like me) can have the right to boycott his store.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:01 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post

Their ceo has a right to his opinion and he seems to live his beliefs
Agreed. I also have the right to my opinion and live my beliefs-- so I don't go there. Works both ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut