Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 08:16 AM

470 posts, read 1,664,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
so, third time for Frontier. They were supposed to be here at 8am sharp today. Just after 10am now, and nobody has shown up - supposedly, the driver had a medical emergency (yeah right!) and would be here by 9:30. No backups available? This one person is the only person within 2 hours of our home?

Three strikes now, they may be out...
1 1 hour and 30 minute "emergency"? I think not. As much as people hated AT&T they had good customer service and install times. When I had UVerse years ago 3 trucks showed up at my house to install it at the same time. 2 were installers and 1 was a 3rd guy training.

I'm really glad I switched back to cable before Frontier took over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 08:24 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,958,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydez View Post
1 1 hour and 30 minute "emergency"? I think not. As much as people hated AT&T they had good customer service and install times. When I had UVerse years ago 3 trucks showed up at my house to install it at the same time. 2 were installers and 1 was a 3rd guy training.

I'm really glad I switched back to cable before Frontier took over.
Unfortunately, where we live, the cable company is Metrocast. To get the same internet speed & TV channel package as UVerse/Frontier, we'd be paying like $40 more per month.

I had never even heard of Metrocast before moving to S/E Connecticut, but the people in our neighborhood who have it (or have had it) have not had good things to say about it.

Old 12-30-2014, 12:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,323 times
Quote:
so, third time for Frontier. They were supposed to be here at 8am sharp today. Just after 10am now, and nobody has shown up - supposedly, the driver had a medical emergency (yeah right!) and would be here by 9:30. No backups available? This one person is the only person within 2 hours of our home?

Three strikes now, they may be out...
I was able to get help from Frontier by private messaging them on Facebook and emailing with them at [email]askfrontier@ftr.com[/email] . I noticed a few people who were able to get their problems solved dealing with missed drivers. I would highly recommend it!

Old 12-30-2014, 04:39 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,425,925 times
Angry Thanks!

Quote:
sorry to hear about your troubles retiree. Hope things get resolved soon
I wish you the same - all I want is to set up payments with this company. I paid via discover card to AT&T for years with no problem. Can't even reach them to set this up!

Old 12-30-2014, 05:11 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,958,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
I wish you the same - all I want is to set up payments with this company. I paid via discover card to AT&T for years with no problem. Can't even reach them to set this up!
we had similar issues getting through to them as well - so, we ended up paying a day or two late after repeated attempts to get through beforehand.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:55 PM

1,572 posts, read 1,560,349 times
Then we had to set up something at their website with a PIN number that they assigned to us. If you lose their statement with that number, the chances of getting it right would be like hitting the lottery's Play 4 game! (1 in 10,000).

My current bill with these people is roughly $94. That bill started at zero. All we have with them is DSL internet and land line home phone service. Clearly, I'm gonna have to talk to them or go to their site and see if I can work a deal out. This is b---s---!

I have Comcast for TV and don't want to give them one more red cent.

Old 12-31-2014, 04:14 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,691,991 times
how things have changed. used to love UVerse and hated Cox. now just the opposite (though i never had Frontiers UVerse). maybe i don't LOVE Cox but right now my setup is pretty good with the choice of channels, super fast internet and the Contour DVR ($175/mo). however if it wasn't for the special channel package deal i got free for a year as a promotion, i'd be paying even more. that was one thing about UVerse in Middletown - i didn't have to keep adding on packages to get a decent channel selection. seems the U200 package came with most everything. and new channels that came along were automatically added to my service at no extra cost that i was aware of.
not sure what Comcast is like right now but i seem to remember pretty good customer service.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:37 AM

837 posts, read 2,082,385 times
I'm tired of the municipality laws that only allow one telco service in each town. It prevents competition while encouraging monopolies. I'd jump all over Verizon FIOS if they were allowed to service Connecticut past Greenwich.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:11 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,858,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp625 View Post
I'm tired of the municipality laws that only allow one telco service in each town. It prevents competition while encouraging monopolies. I'd jump all over Verizon FIOS if they were allowed to service Connecticut past Greenwich.

In about 5 years, the one provider thing will probably be irrelevant. The streaming media corps(Google/Roku/Amazon/Apple/etc.) are quietly pulling the plug on the cable monopoly.

How many 20/30-somethings do you know that have a landline phone? The percentages that have cable in that age group are dropping like a rock now.

It's just a matter of time........

Old 01-04-2015, 01:49 PM

837 posts, read 2,082,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
In about 5 years, the one provider thing will probably be irrelevant. The streaming media corps(Google/Roku/Amazon/Apple/etc.) are quietly pulling the plug on the cable monopoly.

How many 20/30-somethings do you know that have a landline phone? The percentages that have cable in that age group are dropping like a rock now.

It's just a matter of time........
I'm in that exact demographic and haven't had a landline since I was in college a decade ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut