Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 08:50 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,014 times

Advertisements

Who knows how either one will help. They didnt put that in the ads. Instead it was a smear campaign against each other.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:25 AM

495 posts, read 610,706 times
I also cannot stand negative ads

There's a better attack approach, Attack the issues, then discuss how your candidate will resolve the issues. The lack of attention on the opponent is a classy and sporty way to attack the opponent without any nastiness needed

Example: the deficit has not improved over the last 5 years, which has put a strain on ability to enhance programs such as .....and has posed challenges on small businesses in the state. Unfortunately these issues have long been unresolved but ____ if elected will propose the following solutions....these have yet to be proposed ....

It adds credit to an opponent when the opponent avoids personal attacks and goes with the stance the incumbent cares as much as he does about the health of the state but that it's time for a different approach because the resolve of our state is not where it should be right now,

not "the opponent said this and that and blah blah blah....

Last edited by Ericthebean; 11-04-2014 at 10:34 AM..

Old 11-04-2014, 11:13 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,804,893 times
Cut taxes and reduce spending? That is a crazy, radical, tea party idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post
This is what I'm talking about excuses

If the Republican's are in control they will, say it with me now mlassoff

CUT TAXES AND REDUCE SPENDING!

That's what they are running on and that's what they plan to do

You can make all your usual excuses which we all know is because your very partisan

Just. Let. it, go.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:00 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,851,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post
This is what I'm talking about excuses

If the Republican's are in control they will, say it with me now mlassoff

CUT TAXES AND REDUCE SPENDING!

That's what they are running on and that's what they plan to do

You can make all your usual excuses which we all know is because your very partisan

Just. Let. it, go.

You mean like when GWB was the POTUS?

Old 11-04-2014, 08:21 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,016,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericthebean View Post
How does not paying companies to stay in Connecticut... keep companies in Connecticut????

The problem with the just cut the spending....is don't you at all care what spending we are cutting out? Do you like the education in this state? The special programs for deaf and autistics? The great medical research that is partially state-funded. Some of this state's spending is predicated on years of solid values of our people and took years or decades to implement. Deficits were a more recent thing because the national state of our economy took a dive and that meant more Connecticut taxation to maintain what we could no longer afford. Sadly we will have to make cuts, but I refuse to elect a governor who won't tell me specifically what we are cutting and what we are not cutting.

What about the forestation projects and acres of bike trails? What about the state parks you enjoy? What about the fixing of those ferries and bridges that you care about when you live in this state?

The republican opponent should have made transparent a budget of Malloy's spending allocations by program versus his own. That is what would persuade me to change my vote and I don't see that so I am stuck with Malloy

I will not settle on spending cuts without agreeing to what is being cut. Our state is not without a benefit loss when something we have been enjoying and taking for granted is taken away from us. Once you cut something, it's gone
No

Cut it Cut all of it

Old 11-04-2014, 08:55 PM

495 posts, read 610,706 times
Cut all of it and you lose the identity of your Nutmeg State. If you want all services cut, you can move to many other states that have few services and cheap living. You can have mediocre schools, cheap bars, fastfood, but this is a quality state. You don't need to cut these things. Studies show there's a margin of bargaining power we the people have that companies negotiate up to....you give corporates too much unregulated power it doesn't actually trickle down...what happens is consumers get screwed

Old 11-05-2014, 07:31 PM

34,910 posts, read 56,885,111 times
The election is over and Tom Foley did not win. I am therefore closing this thread. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut