Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 07:15 AM

879 posts, read 1,660,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 75 View Post
The corporate office parks on High Ridge and Long Ridge have pretty easy access to the Merritt. I'll venture to say that these locations are generally superior for car commuting than downtown. Less traffic, less lights and less pedestrians.
For car commuting, yes, but I won't look at jobs off the ridges because there's no way to commute by train without a long shuttle trip (my husband used to do this). The Merritt is just such a nightmare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 07:24 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,944,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintu View Post
For car commuting, yes, but I won't look at jobs off the ridges because there's no way to commute by train without a long shuttle trip (my husband used to do this). The Merritt is just such a nightmare.
Agreed. The Ridges suck if you have to commute by train.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:48 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,180,209 times
Merritt traffic will get worse.
4 years ago, my company was the only one on a floor in a Merritt 7 building, now the entire floor is all leased out. GE is slowly taking over 801 Main ave. building, they have taken over 3 floors there so far.

Old 11-14-2014, 01:03 PM

40 posts, read 64,418 times
Can confirm that in the morning traffic doesn't let up until after Exit 35. In the evenings its an unbroken line of Red from 35 to 49.

Have there ever been any feasible solutions for the traffic in Fairfield county? I don't forsee a double decker highway in my lifetime, but fixing the Merritt on/off ramps, expanding public transport, anything to lighten this unbearable commute?

Old 11-14-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlaiveGuy View Post
Can confirm that in the morning traffic doesn't let up until after Exit 35. In the evenings its an unbroken line of Red from 35 to 49.

Have there ever been any feasible solutions for the traffic in Fairfield county? I don't forsee a double decker highway in my lifetime, but fixing the Merritt on/off ramps, expanding public transport, anything to lighten this unbearable commute?
When the time of the Jetsons arrives.

Old 11-16-2014, 03:59 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,947,442 times
Because of the prevalent NIMBY attitude in FFC, I sincerely hope traffic gets exponentially worse over the next few years. I sincerely wish the worst for all these rich people who don't want expanded infrastructure. I hope it will get so bad that it takes 2 hours just to drive from Trumbull to Norwalk on the Merritt. And that it will take a full hour just to drive from Stamford to Norwalk.

I hope brand new luxury apartment buildings keep being built like crazy, but no new highways or expanded transportation options, so that there's a lot more people than infrastructure. I want to see this place get so unbelievabley congested that it compares with places like Houston, Miami, L.A. and even worse than that. I want to see an unparalleled level of traffic, noise and pollution in FFC, and fortunately it's rapidly headed in that direction.

Old 11-16-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Because of the prevalent NIMBY attitude in FFC, I sincerely hope traffic gets exponentially worse over the next few years. I sincerely wish the worst for all these rich people who don't want expanded infrastructure. I hope it will get so bad that it takes 2 hours just to drive from Trumbull to Norwalk on the Merritt. And that it will take a full hour just to drive from Stamford to Norwalk.

I hope brand new luxury apartment buildings keep being built like crazy, but no new highways or expanded transportation options, so that there's a lot more people than infrastructure. I want to see this place get so unbelievabley congested that it compares with places like Houston, Miami, L.A. and even worse than that. I want to see an unparalleled level of traffic, noise and pollution in FFC, and fortunately it's rapidly headed in that direction.
Right, this is 100% going to happen.
Now if people on here would stop telling people to live in trumbulls, monroes and sheltons when they work in stamford or nyc.
Would be nice if they could build more office parks in those towns.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:15 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Quote:

What an obnoxious selfish thing to say. Most people who live there in Fairfield County are hard working decent people. To lump them together in some sort of rant because you made a mistake when you moved there is ridiculous. Your constant complaining and lack of tolerance shows how shallow you can be. Shame on you. Go ahead and give your notice and leave already. And stop posting your constant whining when you have so much to be grateful for. Jay

Old 11-16-2014, 05:26 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,947,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
What an obnoxious selfish thing to say. Most people who live there in Fairfield County are hard working decent people. To lump them together in some sort of rant because you made a mistake when you moved there is ridiculous. Your constant complaining and lack of tolerance shows how shallow you can be. Shame on you. Go ahead and give your notice and leave already. And stop posting your constant whining when you have so much to be grateful for. Jay
I am not going to feel bad for the people of FFC when the traffic continues to get worse and worse. They're the ones who voted for it. They wanted NIMBYism over infrastructure, they got it. I have no sympathy. And hope it gets worse and worse to the point that people can't get to work.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:00 PM

3,350 posts, read 4,168,214 times
Quote:
I am not going to feel bad for the people of FFC when the traffic continues to get worse and worse. They're the ones who voted for it. They wanted NIMBYism over infrastructure, they got it. I have no sympathy. And hope it gets worse and worse to the point that people can't get to work.
I don't have any traffic generally Nep. Same for residents of New Canaan, Darien and Greenwich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut