Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 08:57 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,086,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Norwalk uses CL&P, not UI. I already told you why I support the rate increases. I'm not explaining it again. But basically, it helps the utility companies make more revenue,
Yes

Quote:
and pay their employees more,
No. With insufficient generator capacity, they just pay for more imported power from Quebec.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 09:07 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,387,243 times
Quote:
Obama also just announced his immigration plan tonight and it makes excellent sense! Conservatives are being RIDICULOUS when they say that we should deport millions of illegal aliens. Like REALLY?!? It's extremely unrealistic and administratively impossible.

This is great news for illegal aliens currently residing in Connecticut and contributing to our state economy. The REAL people who are receiving amnesty are all the damn rich people in FFC who pay ZERO taxes. THAT'S amnesty for ya.
Nep the problem with illegal immigration is that not everybody that comes into America is good. The Ellis Island immigrants were different, they wanted to be here, they wanted to succeed here, they wanted to build a life for themselves and their families.

Today's illegal immigrants are MS13 gangmembers, towel head terrorists, drug cartel thugs, they don't want to be here, they don't love America, they come here and attack us with planes, push drugs and violence in our streets, manipulate our social services programs, take our jobs, and bad mouth our country as guests in our home.

I can't say Merry Christmas cause it might be offensive to someone, I can't say the pledge of Alliegence cause the Muslims may find it offensive, I'm tired of apologizing for being an American, a Christian, having American values and patriotic pride, if you don't like it go back to wherever it is you came from.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:08 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,949,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyvet1 View Post
Nep the problem with illegal immigration is that not everybody that comes into America is good. The Ellis Island immigrants were different, they wanted to be here, they wanted to succeed here, they wanted to build a life for themselves and their families.

Today's illegal immigrants are MS13 gangmembers, towel head terrorists, drug cartel thugs, they don't want to be here, they don't love America, they come here and attack us with planes, push drugs and violence in our streets, manipulate our social services programs, take our jobs, and bad mouth our country as guests in our home.

I can't say Merry Christmas cause it might be offensive to someone, I can't say the pledge of Alliegence cause the Muslims may find it offensive, I'm tired of apologizing for being an American, a Christian, having American values and patriotic pride, if you don't like it go back to wherever it is you came from.
But Obama said that CRIMINALS would be deported.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:22 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,086,545 times
Quote:
But Obama said that CRIMINALS would be deported.
Why hasn't he already deported the CRIMINALS that already came here illegally?

He said if you like your health insurance, you can keep your health insurance.

He said if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.

Obama’s royal flip-flop on using executive action on illegal immigration - The Washington Post

Old 11-20-2014, 09:23 PM

Good, he should start with himself

Old 11-20-2014, 09:28 PM

Well, in my opinion, Obama deserves a third term.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:36 PM

811 posts, read 1,739,055 times
I honestly can't figure out how my life has benefited from Malloy's tax increases or anyone's tax increases for that matter. But if you can cut my taxes, I certainly know how I'll use the money to increase my utility and happiness. I have plenty of things I could use a few more dollars here and few more dollars there for. I know I could just get a new job that pays more, trying as we speak, but I'm sure many here understand the difficulty in that right now.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:40 PM

Obama is not a president, he ignores the constitution and has no respect for The United States of America. He leads by his own agenda, great leaders are selfless, not selfish.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:57 PM

10,097 posts, read 14,965,663 times
Quote:
I support this 100%. Welcome to 2014. Just because you purchase goods online does NOT mean you should avoid paying sales tax. It's just the way the modern world does business transactions.

Malloy and other governors want to introduce federal legislation that would mandate ALL online retailers to collect sales tax on ALL purchases in ALL fifty states.

I stand with the governor. I find it very unfruitful when people actively try to avoid paying taxes or looking for loopholes.

This would also help CT collect $135 million more in tax revenues.

State wants online retailers to collect sales tax
Its impossible to impose an internet sales tax on all 50 states and justify it by claiming that they are trying to collect a sales tax that many are avoiding.

Take New Hampshire as an example. They don't have a state sales tax, people that live there and shop online are not avoiding anything. On the other hand, a lot of people from Massachusetts go to New Hamsphire for their tax-free shopping.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyvet1 View Post
Obama is not a president, he ignores the constitution and has no respect for The United States of America. He leads by his own agenda, great leaders are selfless, not selfish.
Numerous previous presidents issues MANY more executive orders than Obama ever has. Besides, he needs to do what's right. And everything he does, I agree with, except for a few minute things. The guy deserves a third term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut