Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 01:46 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,188,555 times

Advertisements

Well said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 05:26 PM

109 posts, read 160,097 times
My observations having moved here from Boston - everyone drives more aggressively/assertively. Overall the driving standards seem higher, far less dawdling incompetence (and someone said RI earlier - YES!!).

Downside to that is speed leading to some nasty smashes, and far more people seem to risk running red lights here for some reason.

Definitely agree we could use more courtesy on the roads. We're all stuck in those jams, a little kindness goes a long way. And if someone shows you courtesy, a quick wave in appreciation doesn't go amiss, right?

Old 12-11-2014, 05:37 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,859,352 times
I've driven in 42 states with my car, so please listen to me.

There are definitely bad drivers everywhere, but the key is urban vs. rural. In heavily urban areas, there are many more bad drivers. In rural areas, drivers are generally not a problem. If anything they might be a little slow. But, at least they wont use their horn, and they'll make safer lane changes, etc.

That brings me to Fairfield County.

FFC has the WORST drivers in the nation, outside of NYC. People beep their horns ALL the time. They expect you to hit the gas on the MILLISECOND the light turns green. And they expect to you to make a left turn on a green light with oncoming traffic, even if there's only a 5 second gap of an opportunity to do so. 4-way stop sign intersections are ridiculous here, too. People just don't synchronize their judgment with who got to the stop line first. Everyone just wants to go FIRST. It's not about who stopped first, but rather, who can get away with driving forward first. They make angry faces, angry hand gestures, and get very agitated over the STUPIDEST things.

Old 12-12-2014, 06:53 AM

1,344 posts, read 1,733,826 times
Wow! I can't believe it, but I actually agree with EVERYTHING Nep321 just posted

As much as we disagree about other things, we both agree that FFC is the most undesirable places in the state, and one of the most in the entire Northeast overall!

Old 12-12-2014, 04:51 PM

34,727 posts, read 56,531,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post
Wow! I can't believe it, but I actually agree with EVERYTHING Nep321 just posted

As much as we disagree about other things, we both agree that FFC is the most undesirable places in the state, and one of the most in the entire Northeast overall!
I don't think that the thousands of people willing to pay big bucks to live there would agree with either of you. Jay.

Old 12-12-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I don't think that the thousands of people willing to pay big bucks to live there would agree with either of you. Jay.
Theory vs reality Jay.

Litmus test......I would rather live in a climate 15-20 degrees COLDER than Hartford (Subarctic Quebec), than live there due to the insane traffic AND cost of living---and per our recent friendly back n forth, you know how much I hate the cold!!

Can't get a worse combo than traffic and high COL, thats for sure!

Old 12-12-2014, 08:55 PM

678 posts, read 841,660 times
I live in Fairfield County and I go through nothing what Nep/Papafox mentioned. I actually hold CT drivers in high regard comparatively. I think SoCal drivers are the worst in existence, lol! If you can drive and survive, hell, even thrive on 101/405, you're fine anywhere else in the country.

Haven't been wrong yet!

Old 12-12-2014, 09:02 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,069,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTown View Post
I live in Fairfield County and I go through nothing what Nep/Papafox mentioned. I actually hold CT drivers in high regard comparatively.
I'm thinking you are not a daily rush hour commuter on the Merritt or I-95.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:28 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,859,352 times
Quote:
I live in Fairfield County and I go through nothing what Nep/Papafox mentioned. I actually hold CT drivers in high regard comparatively. I think SoCal drivers are the worst in existence, lol! If you can drive and survive, hell, even thrive on 101/405, you're fine anywhere else in the country.

Haven't been wrong yet!
Where do you live? Sherman?

Old 12-12-2014, 11:18 PM

Quote:

Haven't been wrong yet!

Sorry, I should have been more specific and said lower FFC. Newtown seems more similar to where I live (Glastonbury) than compared to lower FFC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut