Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 05:13 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,947,442 times

Advertisements

Sandy Hook commission recommends strengthening new gun law

The Sandy Hook Commission will work with the Governor to get enhanced legislation written into the state laws concerning gun control.

I support this 100%.

All those poor kids who were killed 2 years ago makes me want to cry every time I think about it.

Thoughts?

Old 01-16-2015, 05:20 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
"Weapons of War" ? All weapons have been used in a war setting at one time or another.

Will this do anything to keep guns away from criminals or just honest CT citizens ?

Old 01-16-2015, 05:32 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,017,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post

The Sandy Hook Commission will work with the Governor to get enhanced legislation written into the state laws concerning gun control.

I support this 100%.

All those poor kids who were killed 2 years ago makes me want to cry every time I think about it.

Thoughts?
CT has a 2 Billion dollar deficit

Seems like the gun control is more of an opiate for the masses of clueless voters in CT.

Old 01-16-2015, 06:09 PM

814 posts, read 911,368 times
Guns are not the root cause of the violence, they are a tool that sadly more often then not ends up in the wrong hands.

Ban as many guns as you want, innocent legal gun owners like myself will follow the law and would turn in my own firearm if I knew it would make a difference but it wouldn't.

As long as there are terrorists, drug lords, street gangs, murderers, rapists, and abusers, there will always be gun violence, you would have to eliminate the previously mentioned before you could ever stop gun violence.

Guns are an object, assault is an action, an action in which people create, not the gun.

If the schools would actually get some balls and secure them like they should be, Sandy Hook and all the other shootings would never had happened. Celebrities are surrounded by small armies, 5 year olds are sent to school with no protection at all, that's why things like Sandy Hook happened.

Old 01-16-2015, 06:52 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,230,555 times
Criminals do not follow gun laws, or any other laws for that matter -- Ever.

So it really doesn't matter what "laws" are passed. There will always be crackpots -- or terrorists -- shooting up masses.

Last edited by Lalalally; 01-16-2015 at 07:08 PM..

Old 01-16-2015, 07:43 PM

65 posts, read 125,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post

I support this 100%.

Thoughts?
you do realize that if ONE law abiding citizen was allowed to be carrying a firearm that day that the majority of those childrens lives would have been saved, right?
Or do you ACTUALLY believe that only criminals having guns makes for a safer society?
Gee, I sure hope you never have to defend yourself against an armed perpetrator where all you can do is pray it goes well instead of having a fighting chance of ensuring it goes well.
Not only that, but like... mag limits? Shweet. Do you have any idea how fast you can reload a magazine before continuing to fire? A maximum of 2 seconds in skilled hands. what does that solve? Precisely nothing.

Old 01-16-2015, 07:45 PM

65 posts, read 125,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalally View Post
Criminals do not follow gun laws, or any other laws for that matter -- Ever.

So it really doesn't matter what "laws" are passed. There will always be crackpots -- or terrorists -- shooting up masses.
Amen

Old 01-16-2015, 08:46 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absent Minded View Post
you do realize that if ONE law abiding citizen was allowed to be carrying a firearm that day that the majority of those childrens lives would have been saved, right?
Many of the mass shootings of the past decade-- including Columbine-- had armed personnel on property. Sorry, that's not the answer.

Nor do I think the best answer is to make elementary schools, movie theaters and community gatherings in to an arms race.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:01 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,947,442 times
Here is an interesting article explaining that GUNS kill people; not people kill people.

Debunking the “Guns Don’t Kill People, People Kill People” Myth | Armed With Reason

Old 01-16-2015, 10:54 PM

642 posts, read 858,919 times
Just from observation it seems like a common link to all of these mass shooting is someone with mental illness. I do think there needs to be tougher laws for getting the guns in the first place to make sure that people are not criminals or mentally ill.

That especially goes for all of these gun shows where you can get a guns very easily. I can't understand why gun shows are allowed to still be operational when criminals and the mentally ill can get guns so easily at such shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut