Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 04:58 PM

34,932 posts, read 56,935,296 times

Advertisements

Wow what a stupid crap article. It is not really an article. More of a uninformed rant. Not very well written or professional. Jay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 05:26 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,489,693 times
What a non sense article.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:30 PM

104 posts, read 99,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I don't know about you, but I've gotten stabbed to death dozens of times getting NHV pizza.
In fact, frank Pepe's Pizza is worth getting stabbed to death dozens of times. I know I've never regretted it.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:31 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,230,555 times
It's elitist hooey written by a bunch of NY transplant hipsters. It's stupid and should be ignored. That said though, when I was still a NY-er (And not a transplant, but a born and bred native) there really wasn't a whole lot I knew (or a whole lot known by the people I knew) about CT. It was a place that was just there, which didn't have a strong/recognizable personality to NY-ers like our neighbor state to the west, New Jersey, did. It actually was slightly mysterious, with only a general understanding that the wealthiest of the wealthy lived there When I was in H.S., I went on a religious retreat with CCD -- to a place that while I'm not entirely certain, I believe could have possibly been in Stamford. I remember a giant soccer/sports field in the center, and little trolley busses (which were the size of oversized golf carts and held about 10 people) that would drive you around trails to view the statues scattered about the grounds. I remember as a 16 year old thinking what a peaceful and pretty place CT was. It would seriously crack me up now if I were to find out it was in fact Stamford! It seemed so country-ish and serene to me then. Anyone know where this might have been? Also, the first time I EVER heard of Danbury -- and I mean the first time I actually/ever heard the word "Danbury" was on Seinfeld -- Elaine's friend had contracted Lyme disease there, and this episode aired about a month before I moved here. : ). Edit: ok, I just looked it up -- this episode did not first air a month before I moved here, but rather a few years before. Maybe I saw a re-run of it right before I moved and that's why it just stuck with me ; ) But my overall point remains the same: there's not much known about CT to outsiders, and you just kind of need to plop yourself here and figure it out on your own AFTER you arrive. At which point I'm sure most would agree, it's a pretty good place to be

Last edited by Lalalally; 02-05-2015 at 07:41 PM..

Old 02-05-2015, 07:04 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,692,557 times
like our state or don't but what i don't understand is the absolute vitriolic hatred these idiots are spewing. what did we do to them? this is something i'd expect from Bostonites because of their inferiority complex towards NY (and to us re our proximity to the state) but not from NY'ers necessarily. what could they be threatened by - our proximity to Boston? don't think so. never understand why CT is so put upon by outsiders. we're really no different than the rest of the NE states - we're in abundance of NE charm IMO.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipperman View Post
like our state or don't but what i don't understand is the absolute vitriolic hatred these idiots are spewing. what did we do to them? this is something i'd expect from Bostonites because of their inferiority complex towards NY (and to us re our proximity to the state) but not from NY'ers necessarily. what could they be threatened by - our proximity to Boston? don't think so. never understand why CT is so put upon by outsiders. we're really no different than the rest of the NE states - we're in abundance of NE charm IMO.
Pretty sure they're not "real" NY-ers, but rather this new breed of elitist-hipster gentrifiers who come from far off lands to invade and fundamentally change NY forever ; )

Old 02-05-2015, 07:20 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,180,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalally View Post
Pretty sure they're not "real" NY-ers, but rather this new breed of elitist-hipster gentrifiers who come from far off lands to invade and fundamentally change NY forever ; )
The cornballs with fake glasses and beards walking around holding cups of starbucks.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post
The cornballs with fake glasses and beards walking around holding cups of starbucks.
Yup!

Old 02-05-2015, 07:25 PM

1,195 posts, read 1,626,095 times
Despite the terrible article, I think the general point is fairly accurate though. Not that CT isn't great, but that when the average person thinks of the state, they don't have anything concrete associated with it in their mind as far as products or well-known landmarks.

It is definitely one of those states that's forgotten about by many, especially foreigners.

Hey, I grew up in western CT and still Rhode Island completely drops out of my consciousness for years at a time.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:42 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,833,833 times
I just got stabbed to death reading that article - what drivel.

I guess no one over there ever heard of Sam Colt.

Actually, the entire country would be pretty ****ed without CT since we build, guns, jet engines, submarines, and helicopters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut