Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2015, 04:23 PM

1,844 posts, read 2,423,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
Nice, informant society. How about informing on fellow police officers who drink and drive? Would you do that too?
FWIW, re the OP's course of action - I, too, believe he risks swimming with the fishes by cramming his nose into other peoples' bidness. And this is in CT, where people tolerate a nanny state posture!

Which is to say - Nep, consider where you move vis-à-vis your framework of reference. Imposing your opinions on others while using the nanny state as backup runs against SAP (Survivable Action Proposals) in most other places, except for CA, lol!

Last edited by JayCT; 03-20-2015 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: Removed flame

Old 03-19-2015, 04:46 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,665,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I doubt it. It's a black Honda Accord or something. It's pretty wide and this yuppie drives it. He has beautiful supermodel girlfriend, too. But he's not that cute. I don't understand how she's into him, because I'm not. He could lose a few pounds. He is spoiled and has a remote car starter and leaves the car running idle for like 15 minutes every damn morning, which is illegal in CT too. I should report him for that.

LMAO!! You are cracking me up! Are you serious about any of this or are you just needing a hug today?

Old 03-29-2017, 07:27 AM

11 posts, read 15,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I'm with you. There are lots of people who don't reside in other states yet use their relatives address for vehicle registration. They should be arrested and prosecuted for tax fraud. That being said, be careful reporting people. Lots of students are living here, as well as temporary residents who are here short term for work. I wouldn't report them unless it's someone you know personally and are familiar with their situation.

There are lots of people on these boards who disagree with us, and feel because they don't like the tax, people should be allowed to break the law. This entitled population will most definitely come out in full force here.
Hello, CT thread, I know I'm a couple of years late responding to this thread, but I thought I'd give my 2 cents. I do agree with the OP, because it's the same situation in northern Virginia, 110%. Over the years, I've noticed MANY people who keep their license plates (and likely insurance and license) from their old states and never switch over to VA. In fact, I don't think anyone registers their vehicles in VA anymore!

That being said, I also agree with kidyankee764 above. It is tempting for me to report out-of-state (OOS) tags in VA, but I do need to be careful about reporting people. Lots of military are living here (and some students), and northern Virginia also has a lot of temporary residents who are just here for a short-term work assignment (because it's the nation's capital!). In my neighborhood, I have indeed seen people loading up their cars at the end of their work assignment, and then they go back to their home state. I guess they think, "Why change my tags to VA if I'm just going to end up back in my home state anyway?"

Nonetheless, I'm going to follow kidyankee764's advice and not report anyone unless I know them personally and their situation. I just thought I'd give my input and let the OP know that they're not alone in their thinking! You're not the only one who gets annoyed at people who keep their OOS plates!

Old 03-29-2017, 07:51 AM

837 posts, read 1,225,240 times
Wow. Just...wow.

I get it. I do. But as others have said, you have NO idea of those out-of-state-plate owners' situations.

If someone's on a short-term work assignment or a student or military, there's no sense for them to switch plates because they're obviously not permanent residents.

If somebody purchases property and moves, then yeah, I personally would consider them to be permanent residents and switch plates accordingly. I think that'd be true for any state, not just CT.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:36 AM

504 posts, read 384,729 times
I wonder how people the OP has reported since he opened this thread a few years back? I would venture to guess the OP got beat up a lot in school for always telling on people.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:30 AM

21,618 posts, read 31,189,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix2791 View Post
I wonder how people the OP has reported since he opened this thread a few years back? I would venture to guess the OP got beat up a lot in school for always telling on people.
So to clarify, you're okay with people dodging taxes in CT by illegally registering their vehicles somewhere else?

Old 03-29-2017, 02:17 PM

504 posts, read 384,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
So to clarify, you're okay with people dodging taxes in CT by illegally registering their vehicles somewhere else?
If you followed my posts then you would see that's not the case. Do a little research before assuming.
//www.city-data.com/forum/47647512-post818.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix2791 View Post
Yeah Ohio is far, but if you own property out there, or know someone then it's not difficult. Mind you I'M not condoning this. From my understanding MA car taxes are not as bad as ours.
Just don't like snitches.

Old 03-29-2017, 02:21 PM

34,918 posts, read 56,910,251 times
Please stop the bickering and return to the topic of the OP. JayCT, Moderator

Old 03-29-2017, 03:38 PM

503 posts, read 530,322 times
I would caution the OP and anyone with similar ill-considered urges that snitches get stitches.

Old 03-29-2017, 03:51 PM

10 posts, read 8,940 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut