Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2015, 09:03 PM

2 posts, read 2,375 times

Advertisements

We are from Litchfield, CT. Lived in Bantam, Morris and Goshen. Safety is our #1 concern. My husband started working in Guilford and wants to move closer. He'd like to be within 25 minutes of Guilford. I'd like to be the closest to Morris/Litchfield area while being within 25 minutes of Guilford. I perfer areas that aren't city like. I like parks and small tight knit communities. Family oriented areas. Suburban areas are okay. Any thoughts?? Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 09:51 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,695,013 times
It seems as if you haven't seen Guilford yet. I would suggest you just move to Guilford and forget about looking anywhere else.

Guilford is about as fine a location as you will ever find. It's safe. You can live in the historic center of town, you can live in the suburban subdivsions, you can live in rural north Guilford, you can live near the water. It all depends on what you want and your budget.

Trying to live within 25 minutes of Guilford and toward more north west CT is just going to take your hubby through rotten traffic. No town will compare with the beauty and convenience of Guilford.

Go online and find photos of Guilford town green and the town itself. Then come and spend some time driving around town. It may change your mind.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:20 AM

588 posts, read 1,313,359 times
Guilford is a beautiful town, no need to look elsewhere - it's a family-oriented suburb, not city-like. It should meet all your requirements, and your husband's commute will be great

Old 03-19-2015, 10:16 AM

34,636 posts, read 56,391,795 times
Litchfield is about 55 miles from Guilford which is well over an hour drive given some of the roads you must travel on. I agree that Guilford itself would be a wonderful town to live in. It is beautiful, historic, has great schools and a lot of family activities and offers the small town character you seen to be looking for. Plus your husband's daily commute would be minimal. Why should he drive further each day than he has to.

Still if it is your desire to live closer to Litchfield, then you might consider some of the towns just north of Guilford like North Branford, Middlefield and Durham. These are both nice small towns that have good schools and a more rural feel than Guilford. Your husband's commute would be mostly on more back type roads so there is no need for him to get on a highway.

If you would want a more suburban town, I would recommend either North Haven or Wallingford. The schools are good and they are great places to raise a family as well. Cheshire is another town you might consider but parts of it are likely going to be further than the 25 minute commute time you indicated. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut