Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 08:24 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,852,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromCT View Post
I love how everyone who leaves this state does so with a chip on their shoulders, and acts like everyone still here is a second-class citizen. I'm beginning to think we're a lot better off. And of course, there's the assumption that we don't know what we're missing because we're still here. It's not like we travel or anything. Oh wait...
If this is directed at me...I wasn't saying CT people are second class citizens at all. Geez. All I was saying is that I had the opportunity to explore some cities and villages in my area and they reminded me of West Hartford, but more upscale and prestigious looking. I'm just sharing my perspective. I could equally say that there are crappy cities and villages around here that reminded me of Bristol, such as Reynoldsburg, Whitehall, Urbancrest, Valleyview and a large section of Columbus itself. Every metropolitan area has it's nice areas and crappy areas. But having seen this thread here in this forum, it reminded me of the cities and villages that reminded me of West Hartford, so I wanted to chime in. That's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
You're deluded. Poverty's Grip Grows in Central Ohio: Poverty
Hartford, Bridgeport and New Haven all have obscene levels of poverty, too.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:08 AM

34,700 posts, read 56,496,602 times
Quote:
I love how everyone who leaves this state does so with a chip on their shoulders, and acts like everyone still here is a second-class citizen. I'm beginning to think we're a lot better off. And of course, there's the assumption that we don't know what we're missing because we're still here. It's not like we travel or anything. Oh wait...
Yes, this is because we have not traveled or lived anywhere else. We do not know how wonderful everywhere else is and how subpar Connecticut is. We are more ignorant than others here who like to use big words and are condescending to others who disagree with the only correct opinion (theirs) just to prove we are superior to others. And in case you all did not get it, I am being sarcastic. Jay

Old 08-18-2015, 07:10 AM

Quote:
And it is not everyone. Just a few and always the same ones. Jay

Old 08-18-2015, 07:25 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,690,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
I just came back from New Jersey.

...I smiled as I passed the Welcome to Connecticut sign (even with dannels name on it) made me appreciate the great state we live in.
Same here. I'd be smiling even more if it was John McKinney's or Tom Foley's name on the "Welcome" sign when I'm riding the Merritt Parkway, but I share that sense of appreciation. I've said it before & I'll say it again: Connecticut is a great state. It's just not run by great people at the moment.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:50 AM

453 posts, read 526,115 times
Can we ban the use of the word 'Ohio' from all threads? Let NEP do a one man show in his own dedicated thread.

Old 08-18-2015, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctguy87 View Post
Can we ban the use of the word 'Ohio' from all threads? Let NEP do a one man show in his own dedicated thread.
So just because I am a former resident of CT means I can't ever chime in on my experiences and aftermath? What's the point of this forum then? It's a RELOCATION forum.

Old 08-18-2015, 08:38 AM

Please return to the topic of the OP which is House Hunters in West Hartford. JayCT, Moderator

Old 08-18-2015, 09:05 AM

453 posts, read 526,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
So just because I am a former resident of CT means I can't ever chime in on my experiences and aftermath? What's the point of this forum then? It's a RELOCATION forum.
This is a thread about House Hunters being in West Hartford which you turned into the 93rd thread involving CT versus Ohio posts. Just keep it in one thread.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:07 PM

2,485 posts, read 3,226,683 times
I do chuckle at House Hunters in WH, mostly cuz I see the same old houses where I visited my high school friends in 1972 now commanding big bucks.
That being said, the schools are top notch there and it's a great value for young families who can afford to live in WH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut