Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2015, 08:46 PM

7 posts, read 14,984 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I have moved to bloomfield, ct few days back with my family and looking for rental apartment.

Need your suggestion on which apartment is good and safe to live with family near by cigna bloomfield office and having decent indian community and easy access to grocery. I am with my wife and don't have kid so school is not require for me.

I am new to this place so your valuable suggestion on this would be helpful for me.

Thanks,
Dev
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 09:38 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,833,833 times
Do you have a car ?

I don't think there are any Indian communities in Hartford area, but you will find Indian people in small pockets. Rocky Hill seems to have the most Indians and also has an Indian grocery store and at least two Indian restaurants.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:41 PM

44 posts, read 60,731 times
Not sure what size apartment you are looking for but my Husband and I live in a large 2br townhouse on Scott Drive which is very close to Cigna and we have two shopping centers nearby (not walkable but only a 5 minute drive). We've lived here 3 years with our son and we've never had any safety concerns. They usually list their rentals on craigslist and I know someone just moved out a week ago, so they should be listing it soon. Our son is too young for school yet so we're able to save money living in Bloomfield, everything we looked at in better school districts was a lot more expensive and much smaller.

As far as the Indian community goes, I'm sorry I can't be of help. We have a couple guys that work for Naatiya, the Indian Restaurant, living here and I've seen a few families walking around the block with kids. The only times we've chatted it was about the kids and my dog so I couldn't say where they were from. I used to have a neighbor who worked for Cigna and was Pakistani, I think he said one of the families were Pakistani as well. Wish I could be more helpful.

Good Luck!

Old 04-07-2015, 07:33 AM

678 posts, read 847,077 times
Rocky Hill and Manchester will have the Indian communities but you will need a car I believe to commute to Cigna.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:18 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,420,077 times
Manchester has a decent sized Indian community and a couple Indian grocery stores, Patel Brothers being the most well-stocked of them.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:01 AM

34,932 posts, read 56,935,296 times
You do not indicate what your rental budget is or if you have a car. Cigna is in a very suburban area, away from shopping and apartments. There are a couple of apartment complexes nearby but only one, The Hawthorne at Gillette Ridge, that could be considered within walking distance to Cigna itself. These are newer apartments and fairly pricey but they are not within walking distance of shopping. There is however a bus that could take you to shopping in Bloomfield Center or on Cottage Grove Road.

Your other option would be to live along a bus route that serves Cigna in say West Hartford. Check CT Transit's website for Route 72 which goes along North Main Street and Asylum and then look along that route for rentals. I am not sure there are many. This bus also gets you to Bishop's Corner where there is a lot of shopping though I am not aware of any Indian stores there. I hope this helps. Jay

Old 04-07-2015, 04:34 PM

7 posts, read 14,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
You do not indicate what your rental budget is or if you have a car. Cigna is in a very suburban area, away from shopping and apartments. There are a couple of apartment complexes nearby but only one, The Hawthorne at Gillette Ridge, that could be considered within walking distance to Cigna itself. These are newer apartments and fairly pricey but they are not within walking distance of shopping. There is however a bus that could take you to shopping in Bloomfield Center or on Cottage Grove Road.

Your other option would be to live along a bus route that serves Cigna in say West Hartford. Check CT Transit's website for Route 72 which goes along North Main Street and Asylum and then look along that route for rentals. I am not sure there are many. This bus also gets you to Bishop's Corner where there is a lot of shopping though I am not aware of any Indian stores there. I hope this helps. Jay
My rental budget would be $1200-$1300 for 1 bedroom apt rental and utilities. I don't have car but I am planning to buy after I will move in apt.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:07 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,833,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmd123 View Post
My rental budget would be $1200-$1300 for 1 bedroom apt rental and utilities. I don't have car but I am planning to buy after I will move in apt.
Having a car makes it easier.

This place in Windsor is directly off the highway and has some Indians living here. There is also a small plaza across the street that you can walk to which includes a grocery store. This would be about 20-25 minutes commute via car. I think you can also drive to Cigna from here without using the highway.

Rivers Bend Apartments - One Phaeton Street - Windsor - EquityApartments.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut