Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2015, 08:25 AM

3 posts, read 2,505 times

Advertisements

My family and I are relocating from SC to the Suffield/Enfield, CT. We are 2 adults and one cat. Looking for safe and or reasonable area in which to move. We will be renting. Thank you so much in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2015, 09:06 AM

98 posts, read 111,651 times
Hi! I just moved to ct under a year ago but one of my coworkers lives in enfield and said there are some tough parts and you want to try to avoid the central parts, north western and west central (there's a decent area somewhere in there near Sherwood manor but I don't know if you would be comfortable being close to the not so nicer area. The eastern, especially the south eastern part near broad brook road/abbe road are good areas. A lot of areas in the part of the state are mixed with good and not so nice areas so I would also search online for info bc the forum could get confusing at times if someone lives in the less desireable areas and thus, think these areas are fine. I myself am looking to move to a different town so I've now researched every town until my head exploded so I have some great web sites I can message you with if you are interested. Not sure if your search is limited to that area but some other areas near there that have good areas are south Windsor (south from enfield), somers, and Ellington to name a few. Feel free to ask me any questions. Good luck with your search and move. I know it can be very stressful.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:36 AM

Thank you for your timely response. Yes, I would be interested in surrounding areas. My email is: kittycat765@juno.com.
Thank you!

Old 05-24-2015, 11:17 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,958,998 times
it depends on your budget as well - most apartments in CT will NOT include heat or hot water. East Windsor may be similar to Enfield - not bad in most parts, but not the best place to be.

Suffield is a very nice town and also very safe, but probably won't have too many apartments. Windsor Locks, Somers, Ellington and East Granby are nice towns as well. Over the border, you can look at East Longmeadow in Mass.

Old 05-24-2015, 01:05 PM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Yes we really need to know your budget and what you expect to get for it. Pretty much all of Enfield is safe, it is just that some areas sre not as desirable as others. I believe the area that cdepa513 is talking about is Thompsonville. It is an older section of town that was built around old mills. It is not as bad as being made out. The mills have been converted into some very nice apartments. Check out Bidelow Mills to see if they might be what you want. Jay

Old 05-24-2015, 02:21 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,934,575 times
Thank you Jay for nice response,we have home on Broadleaf Lane near Rte 5,not occupied for two years.Daughter and son-inlaw take care of it.Nice people safe area.Convient to shopping area's.This is near East Windsor town line.
Hope to move this summer,also natural gas for heat and hot water.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:51 AM

Thank you for all of your great advice, I now have a few good leads!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut