Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 10:52 AM

83,516 posts, read 75,294,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
Quote: "It's mother nature, we have no control so embrace it, appreciate it or get out."

Who wrote that?
Cool quote... Might need to adjust it. Its the "get out" part that's not easy. "

It's mother nature, we have no control so embrace it, appreciate it or suffer through it until the season changes."

Found information regarding vehicle noise...

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2009/rpt/2009-R-0205.htm

Quote:
By state regulation, motor vehicles weighing less than 10,000 pounds that are manufactured after January 1, 1979 cannot exceed noise levels of 81 decibels (dB) when travelling more than 35 mph on a paved street or highway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2015, 01:59 PM

814 posts, read 911,368 times
The rumble and throaty exhaust note of a well tuned GT 500 Mustang is far from an annoyance, its a fricken symphony of engineering and mechanics, grow a pair and appreciate the genius of Carrol Shelby and Jack Rousch.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:05 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Reason # 21 I can't stand summer and warm months. Disgusting noise pollution including bikes, cars and fireworks when its not July 4th.

Bring on winter and blizzards asap!

Gnats are all over me outside (without sweating). So unenjoyable.

Yes, only certain decibles are allowed so if the mufflers are over that limit, they need to reduce it or become an adult. Lol
Don't forget lawn mowers, leaf blowers and power edgers, plus the assorted power equipment. Weekends can be very noisy in many residential neighborhoods. Jay

Old 05-26-2015, 11:33 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,426,396 times
Angry I'm with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Native View Post
It seems to be getting worse and worse each year. Every other vehicle I pass is extremely loud and it's to the point I'm getting head aches daily. Isn't that noise suppose to be illegal?

The noise in summer in my area is awful. Seems every loud motorcycle in Ct. goes by where I live and the later at night, the louder they gun the engines.

A new trend, at least in my area, is for young guys with pickup trucks to put huge vertical pipes at the back of the truck (much higher than the roof of the truck) and they are extremely loud, too. I guess they feel like they are driving an 18-wheeler with the big exhaust pipe in back. Might just be a local trend.

I have never seen a motorcyclist pulled over for loud pipes in my area.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:41 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,489,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
The noise in summer in my area is awful. Seems every loud motorcycle in Ct. goes by where I live and the later at night, the louder they gun the engines.

A new trend, at least in my area, is for young guys with pickup trucks to put huge vertical pipes at the back of the truck (much higher than the roof of the truck) and they are extremely loud, too. I guess they feel like they are driving an 18-wheeler with the big exhaust pipe in back. Might just be a local trend.

I have never seen a motorcyclist pulled over for loud pipes in my area.
Called "Stacks", they are all over CT. Trucks with diesel engines usually have them installed for looks.

Old 05-26-2015, 01:27 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,426,396 times
Smile Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
Called "Stacks", they are all over CT. Trucks with diesel engines usually have them installed for looks.
I didn't know that; have just started seeing them recently.

Old 05-26-2015, 01:32 PM

83,516 posts, read 75,294,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Don't forget lawn mowers, leaf blowers and power edgers, plus the assorted power equipment. Weekends can be very noisy in many residential neighborhoods. Jay
Yup. I actually don't mind those as much, although I wish my neighbors were farther apart (like over 1/2 mile between)

Did you know in New Rochelle,NY (or maybe Westchester) they banned the use of gas powered leaf blowers after 5pm(or 6)and maybe weekends?. Thought that was clever when they did that. Only for April-October.

Old 05-26-2015, 01:33 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,489,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
I didn't know that; have just started seeing them recently.
I shouldn't say all over CT depends on where you are. I notice them a lot in central CT and east of the river. It's more for looks, noise and to put black smoke in the air.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:49 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,408,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEN 1 View Post
The rumble and throaty exhaust note of a well tuned GT 500 Mustang is far from an annoyance, its a fricken symphony of engineering and mechanics, grow a pair and appreciate the genius of Carrol Shelby and Jack Rousch.
Prefer Mitsu Evos and Civic Si's. They corner quite well. Muscle cars just seem to go well in straight lines.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:06 PM

21,752 posts, read 28,077,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
It's super lame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
View detailed profiles of: