Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 09:09 PM

83,331 posts, read 74,672,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
It's super lame.
Its like seeing dudes on skateboards. Time to move up in this world. So 80s. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 09:15 PM

1,063 posts, read 1,412,031 times
Angry Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Yup. I actually don't mind those as much, although I wish my neighbors were farther apart (like over 1/2 mile between)

Did you know in New Rochelle,NY (or maybe Westchester) they banned the use of gas powered leaf blowers after 5pm(or 6)and maybe weekends?. Thought that was clever when they did that. Only for April-October.
They did the same thing on Long Island (extreme Eastern end) and in many towns in Calif. I have the bad luck that everyone in my area seems to have a different "mow and blow" day, so it is about every day around me. Then on the weekends, the people who do their own lawns do theirs, so 7 days a week. But still better than Winter!

Old 05-26-2015, 09:19 PM

1,063 posts, read 1,412,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
I shouldn't say all over CT depends on where you are. I notice them a lot in central CT and east of the river. It's more for looks, noise and to put black smoke in the air.
I guess there is no limit to stupidity. They look ridiculous, like the thousand dollar Hondas with $4000 in wheels and huge spoilers referred to earlier in this thread.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:07 PM

830 posts, read 679,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
The noise in summer in my area is awful. Seems every loud motorcycle in Ct. goes by where I live and the later at night, the louder they gun the engines.

A new trend, at least in my area, is for young guys with pickup trucks to put huge vertical pipes at the back of the truck (much higher than the roof of the truck) and they are extremely loud, too. I guess they feel like they are driving an 18-wheeler with the big exhaust pipe in back. Might just be a local trend.

I have never seen a motorcyclist pulled over for loud pipes in my area.
The motorcycles are very loud in my area, too. The absolute worst are the muscle cars, though; so, I'm waiting for this car to come down the street (I can hear him a mile away -- I get ready to look out the window), and this guy comes down revving an '80's Buick wagon right before he stops at the intersection. There's not even a hood on the damn car.

The latest string of noises are actually coming from a train of dump trucks driving into town during the day. They gun it down the road, finally see the stop sign, then go to downshift and break. A consistent, 10-second pierce of sound is emitted due to probably neglected breaks combined with a likely overloaded freight.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:24 PM

830 posts, read 679,145 times
Pretty much the thread in a nutshell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcKAle9TrtI

Old 05-27-2015, 12:43 AM

4 posts, read 3,101 times
I believe that there is also a law in ct that you can't have side exhaust mufflers unless it is factory installed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
View detailed profiles of: