Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2015, 08:11 PM

83,278 posts, read 74,503,009 times

Advertisements

This weather is garbage. Horrible. Who the F likes this S.hit? Are you a mime that does absolutely nothing? Are you a lazy bum? Do you not have bugs all over you? Do you like breathing warm stagnant polluted air? Do you carry an oxygen tank. Are you in the water? Do you have a wet towel on you? Are you in the AC? Are you in the shade?( which still is incomprehensible). Is your sweat made of ice cubes?

I'll never understand how they live in the south.. But The humidity feels worse here then the south. I need to move. .but.. I'm so glad this season will be over in 2 months and we can look forward to breathable days.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:18 PM

At least in winter you can layer up and stay warm outside. You can't do crap in this weather. Inhumane. Nobody likes it.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:21 PM

6,459 posts, read 4,854,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
This extreme is inhumane. Anybody who likes it is probably not an active person or carrys around an oxygen tank.

Where is the air or wind?? Give me wind at least. Gees. My skin feels different with this oppressive air
I thoroughly enjoyed my 90 minute ride through the woods. Fastest one yet for this loop. Bugs are brutal though, had to resort to 100% DEET

(For those that don't know, the woods are actually more muggy on days like today as the trees block just about any wind there may be)

No AC on either. It was 83 in the house when I got home (cooler than outside), 50% humidity with a breeze. Shower, powder, loose clothes and all is well

Old 07-08-2015, 08:21 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,062,490 times
Quote:
This weather is garbage. Horrible. Who the F likes this S.hit? Are you a mime that does absolutely nothing? Are you a lazy bum? Do you not have bugs all over you? Do you like breathing warm stagnant polluted air? Do you carry an oxygen tank. Are you in the water? Do you have a wet towel on you? Are you in the AC? Are you in the shade?( which still is incomprehensible). Is your sweat made of ice cubes?

I'll never understand how they live in the south.. But The humidity feels worse here then the south. I need to move. .but.. I'm so glad this season will be over in 2 months and we can look forward to breathable days.
Here is where you need to live: Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Otherwise, as you pointed out last winter, it's just Mother Nature and you have to embrace it or leave.

Last edited by Yac; 07-15-2015 at 08:01 AM..

Old 07-08-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
Here is where you need to live: Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Otherwise, as you pointed out last winter, it's just Mother Nature and you have to embrace it or leave.
No, nowhere in the U.S is my type of climate. It's north of the border. Avg July max of 78??? No thanks!

And that quote was revised since its not easy to "get out".. and can be used for both sides..

"It's mother nature, we have no control so embrace it, appreciate it, or suffer through it until the season changes."

It's suffer time

Last edited by Yac; 07-15-2015 at 08:01 AM..

Old 07-08-2015, 08:46 PM

1,063 posts, read 1,352,125 times
Quote:
At least in winter you can layer up and stay warm outside. You can't do crap in this weather. Inhumane. Nobody likes it.
To give you some idea of how bad the past few winters have been for me I stood outside today and thought "this isn't so bad, I'm actually warming right up from being in that cold AC with a sweater on all day!"

Like I've seriously been ruined. The cold has penetrated my core forever. I think about that Amazon sale and I'm like "summer is half over, better buy sweaters." I thought the same thing 2 months ago (may have posted it here?).

Could have done without the humidity though. I really do hate the "how the hell is it not raining yet?" feeling from days like this.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:50 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,374,534 times
Quote:

I thought it was lovely today, not that bad Not perfect of course. Upper 70s is perfect for me. Different strokes for different folks. I wouldn't mind seeing the dewpoint hit 80 as long as the air temp stays below 90 and it's fairly cloudy then it's all good.

Cam, try gander, newfoundland. That climate would be right up your alley. Around 200 inches average snowfall and the average high temp in July is 60 degrees and 52 in june.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:51 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,374,534 times
Gander newfoundland climate normals
Canadian Climate Normals 1981-2010 Station Data

Quite a difference from CT

Old 07-08-2015, 08:55 PM

Max temps today except some stations didn't report the max till after 8pm so this map isn't reflecting true maxes.. Like Bridgeport and Hartford both 88. Not on this map but you can get an idea how nice it was in the mid west. Lol

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/gis/images/12HourMax00zEAST.png

This one has the actual maxes.

ObsMaps

Old 07-08-2015, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
I thought it was lovely today, not that bad Not perfect of course. Upper 70s is perfect for me. Different strokes for different folks. I wouldn't mind seeing the dewpoint hit 80 .
Really? June 10th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
Yeah, you can barely even breathe. Disgusting outside today. Well our 1.5 month stretch of nice comfortable weather for the year is now over. lol

Cam must be in complete misery.
What changed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut