Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 06:24 PM

52 posts, read 84,314 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone!

I accomplished my goal to move to CT like 2 years ago. Yay!

I've been looking for bars that are more like Samuel's Sports Bar (Springfield, MA), Plan Burger (Springfield, MA), and the Russian Lady (Hartford).

I'm in my late 20's. I haven't found my go-to sports bar since I don't know the area too well. I've been to Buffalo Wild Wings in Southington, but it was okay. Hop Haus was way too crowded due to the small spave and not a lot of parking. Same thing with Groggy Frog, Victorian House, and Spartans. Rooftop 120 was great and plenty of parking. I really like that kind of atmosphere, but hoping to find something closer to home.

Thank you for your help! Please feel free to suggest the bars even if it is further away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 07:20 PM

1,929 posts, read 2,040,154 times
Try Sliders in Southington or JTimothy's in Plainville.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:21 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
What area(s)?

I'm more into quiet little pubs but I have some young friends near Mystic who are always out enjoying the nightlife!

Old 04-25-2017, 07:22 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,490,263 times
Sliders is a good sports bar.
75 Center
j. Tims
Waxy O'connors

I'm guessing you are around southington area.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvexpatinct View Post
Try Sliders in Southington or JTimothy's in Plainville.
I forgot about these two. I have tried JTimothy's.

I will check out Sliders in Southington.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
What area(s)?

I'm more into quiet little pubs but I have some young friends near Mystic who are always out enjoying the nightlife!
I'm from the Southington area, but there aren't much of a nightlife unless I hit Hartford, which I've been to all the time (Russian Lady and Black Bear Saloon) when I was living in Western Mass. My go-to bar was always Samuel's and sometimes UNO's due to live band playing, which I love very much since there was a hotel right across just in case I couldn't drive back home.

Rooftop 120 is great.

I'm not sure where Mystic is. What are nightlife places in Mystic?

I just want to be able to just chill and meet new people right after work on a Friday night but closer to my age.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Explorer View Post
I'm from the Southington area, but there aren't much of a nightlife unless I hit Hartford, which I've been to all the time (Russian Lady and Black Bear Saloon) when I was living in Western Mass. My go-to bar was always Samuel's and sometimes UNO's due to live band playing, which I love very much since there was a hotel right across just in case I couldn't drive back home.

Rooftop 120 is great.

I'm not sure where Mystic is. What are nightlife places in Mystic?

I just want to be able to just chill and meet new people right after work on a Friday night but closer to my age.
Try 75 Center for sure or Ideal Tavern or Tavern 42 all in southington.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
Try 75 Center for sure or Ideal Tavern or Tavern 42 all in southington.
Thank you so much, Mr_250!

I will check out the bars you listed especially Waxy O'Connors this weekend with my bro.

Quick question where does one park at if going to 75 Center? It looks like the one right across street belongs to different stores.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:49 PM

1,985 posts, read 1,456,376 times
Up here in Manchester I like The Main Pub, or sometimes Hungry Tiger. Coworkers in the Southington region seem to mostly go to Jerzies, Sliders, Bleachers, olive bar and J timothys. I like J Tims, but don't have much experience with the others other then a quick lunch or beer after work.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Explorer View Post
Thank you so much, Mr_250!

I will check out the bars you listed especially Waxy O'Connors this weekend with my bro.

Quick question where does one park at if going to 75 Center? It looks like the one right across street belongs to different stores.
We always park in the lot across the street. It's public parking for the entire area. We pull in behind Geno's and there is usually always room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut