Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2016, 09:07 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,179,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Last one's in Milford, which I guess was one of the busier ones. Weird, because if the original dies, doesn't the brewing and the whole point of the SBC name die too?

They also own Local, which has been really successful in Norwalk and Fairfield and seems like a more modern concept. If they're smart they'll just convert the Milford SBC to a Local. That would do well there.
I didn't know they owned Local. Converting the Milford one would be great idea.
Nice looking joints and a great selection of craft draughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 09:17 AM

786 posts, read 823,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post
and an A&S Deli coming soon on the Westport/norwalk line.
One of the finest delis in the area.
better than gaetano's?

Old 07-20-2016, 11:54 AM

21,749 posts, read 28,070,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerisgood02 View Post
better than gaetano's?
That'd be tough!

Old 07-20-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
better than gaetano's?
Same idea, imported stuff, though they are larger stores with more selections, on the expensive side.

Old 07-20-2016, 01:57 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,239,343 times
Quote:
better than gaetano's?
The Norwalk A&S is WAY better than Gaetanos! I grew up going to Gaetano's too...so for me to say that is kind of nuts! But, definitely try it out. FYI--which owners are opening the Westport/Wilton one?

Old 07-21-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
The Norwalk A&S is WAY better than Gaetanos! I grew up going to Gaetano's too...so for me to say that is kind of nuts! But, definitely try it out. FYI--which owners are opening the Westport/Wilton one?
There's one in Wilton too?
don't know about who the owners are, but it will be next to the Whole Foods. There's a big sign that says "A&S Fine Foods coming Fall 2016"

Well looks like another one bites the dust in Fairfield. Craft 260 is closed, a pretty good burger and crafty type place in Grasmere.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:46 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,832,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imapizzadough View Post
Hi, I live in Wethersfield and am looking for some place where they make good pizza dough and Portuguese rolls(which can freeze well). I've been going to Roma's in Hartford for years but the new owners make the Portuguese rolls very dark,skinny and burnt like. I went to The Bakery in Berlin, CT and their Portugues rolls were not that tasty, didn't freeze well at all and were quite dark as well even though their dough was good. Anyone know a good bakery for pizza dough AND the rolls? TIA
I can't help you with pizza dough. Whenever I need some I just get it from the supermarket.

For Portuguese rolls however, you can try "Kensington Market" in Berlin on Farmington Ave. Perhaps call in advance to check if they have any left. They do not bake on premises as far as I know, and the rolls are trucked in daily from somewhere.

Kensington Market also has some great prepared foods. This place is a real hidden gem and if you live in the area you should certainly check them out.

Old 07-24-2016, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post
Well looks like another one bites the dust in Fairfield. Craft 260 is closed, a pretty good burger and crafty type place in Grasmere.
That place was decent, but kind of generic. I liked it though. Always seemed packed, but had really odd parking (all valet).

Old 07-24-2016, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
How's it "WAY" better? Gaetano's is pretty damn good, using fresh ingredients and great bread. Can't imagine how you would improve on that in any sense other than incrementally.

Old 07-24-2016, 11:14 PM

REI is opening in Milford soon. Hiring sign is out.

El Barrio is a new Latin/Mexican restaurant in downtown Milford by the owner of Bistro Basque. Very good.

There are 2 other Mexican restaurants opening in downtown soon, but it'd be hard to beat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut