Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 11:27 PM
lj3 lj3 started this thread

11 posts, read 32,429 times

Advertisements

Hi. My family is relocating to Connecticut in approximately six weeks. We are looking for housing in the Manchester/Glastonbury area. Can anyone recommend any reasonably priced apartments in that area, preferably on the border of Manchester and Glastonbury that are also pet friendly? We have a little nine lb yorkie. We need a two bedroom (we have three little boys) and one bath, preferably with a patio (but not necessary). I have looked online but want to make sure I'm not missing any or if anyone thinks we should steer clear from a few. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 06:21 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,411,980 times
Glastonbury has a lot of condos but not a ton of apartments. The apartments it does have are more towards Glastonbury Center rather than on the border w/Manchester. Manchester has a ton of apartments, condos, etc. that are reasonably priced given the area. It would probably be easier if you threw out the names of a few complexes you were looking at and have people comment on them.

Old 06-19-2015, 06:38 AM

34,878 posts, read 56,837,096 times
It really depends on your budget. Manchester is more affordable but the schools are not as well regarded as Glastonbury. Glastonbury has a number of apartment complexes and all are decent but they can be pricey. There are a couple of complexes around the center (Glastonbury Centre Apartments, Colonial Village, Candlelight, etc.) that are good but also some nice ones away from the center (Addison Mill, Griswold Gardens). A coworker used to rent an apartment in a small building on Prospect Street that he said was good and not too expensive. Good luck in your search. Jay

Old 06-19-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
There are a couple of complexes around the center (Glastonbury Centre Apartments, Colonial Village, Candlelight, etc.) that are good but also some nice ones away from the center (Addison Mill, Griswold Gardens).
Addison Mill is nowhere near reasonably priced.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
Addison Mill is nowhere near reasonably priced.
The term "reasonably priced" is a relative term. Someone coming from New York City, California, northern Virginia or Fairfield County might consider it to be. Someone coming from the Midwest or south might think different. The OP did not give a price range so we have no idea what they are willing to pay. Jay

Old 06-19-2015, 01:01 PM

9,903 posts, read 7,676,276 times
You can probably get a 2 bedroom place for around $160,000 in Glastonbury and with a .35 mil rate.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
The term "reasonably priced" is a relative term. Someone coming from New York City, California, northern Virginia or Fairfield County might consider it to be. Someone coming from the Midwest or south might think different. The OP did not give a price range so we have no idea what they are willing to pay. Jay
True, but let me put it this way: compared to other apartments in the area, Addison Mill has a reputation of being WAY overpriced.

Old 06-19-2015, 06:11 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,450,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
True, but let me put it this way: compared to other apartments in the area, Addison Mill has a reputation of being WAY overpriced.

I agree. When my hubby and I were looking around at apartments in the area that allow dogs. I emailed Addison Mill and for 1/1 they wanted nearly $1600. (and that was the smallest floor plan!) We pay less than that for a 2/2 for an apartment in Middletown that allows dogs. Addison Mill wanted over $2,000 for a 2/2!!

Old 06-19-2015, 07:16 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,824,280 times
The Addison Mill people are on crack so I wouldn't bother with them. If you need schools you'll have to avoid Manchester unfortunately. If you don't need schools you could rent in Manchester for a while and look to buy in another town. You'll have to scout out apt complexes in Manchester or come here and ask us about them. Manchester has some shady areas.

Old 06-20-2015, 07:51 AM

While Addison Mill is pricey by area standards, it is still very popular. The same developer is building a similar project on New London Turnpike. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut