Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 08:23 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,611,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
In the state of CT, is it illegal or legal to record audio and video during traffic stops or any time the police question you? Do you need their consent or is it only if it doesn't affect their work?

Have any of you been intimidated by the police in order to get what they want?

I've seen people get lied to by the police especially when it involves searches and seizures. It's awful but yet the police can lie to you and it's your responsibility to know your rights. Personally, police officers in CT aren't as bad or corrupt as other places I've been. I can name dozens of other places that are far worse. This has become a sensitive issue since nearly everyday something involving police officers is brought up by the media and press.
In all states, it is within your rights to video record anybody and everybody if they are in public.
They are serving you as a public servant and you have every right to record them.

Old 07-31-2015, 01:21 PM

91 posts, read 171,379 times
This should prove to be a good argument for recording EVERYTHING when approached by any law enforcement officer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asnLQ8Ekwqg

Old 07-31-2015, 01:23 PM

2,005 posts, read 2,086,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Wallace View Post
This should prove to be a good argument for recording EVERYTHING when approached by any law enforcement officer.

For every 1 of those, I'm sure the cops have 10,000 of their own showing obnoxious, entitled citizens...

Old 07-31-2015, 07:59 PM

457 posts, read 904,628 times
Here you go...

PINAC - Be the Media - Little Brother Watching Big Brother

Old 07-31-2015, 08:33 PM

174 posts, read 172,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallascaper View Post
What a disgraceful website. If it were a truely unbiased website, you would also see positive stories involving our cops. Unfortunately, you jumped on the bandwagon.

Old 08-01-2015, 02:37 PM

34,917 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Please return to the topic of the OP which is police interaction in Connecticut. JayCT, Moderator.

Old 08-01-2015, 07:04 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,309,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Wallace View Post

I wouldn't have stopped for this guy. If someone did that to me Id drive off or take action myself. I wouldn't think a cop would say he'd blow my brains off. Flashing a badge doesn't always mean he's real. There are plenty of fakes out there. This is one of the reasons why I own a dashcam. Filming and documenting police activities upon yourself is very important. This is why I started this thread to begin with.

Old 08-01-2015, 08:17 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't have stopped for this guy. If someone did that to me Id drive off or take action myself. I wouldn't think a cop would say he'd blow my brains off. Flashing a badge doesn't always mean he's real. There are plenty of fakes out there. This is one of the reasons why I own a dashcam. Filming and documenting police activities upon yourself is very important. This is why I started this thread to begin with.
Take action yourself? Not always the smartest thing to do.

Old 08-01-2015, 09:06 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,309,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NedSage58 View Post
Take action yourself? Not always the smartest thing to do.
If it was a cop then yes it wouldn't be the smartest thing to do but if it wasn't and you didn't have many options then I'd take action myself. You wouldn't know for sure if it is a cop. Flashing a badge doesn't always mean it's really a cop. The way the detective did this was extremely unprofessional and a disgrace towards the police department. He should have his badge taken away from him. If someone reached into their pocket to grab something I don't know about in an aggressive manner while saying I'll blow your brains out then I will find a way to defend myself. Kind of ironic how cops can murder people for putting their hands in their pockets to show ID. This cop is a hypocrite.

Old 08-01-2015, 09:08 PM

Quote:
If it was a cop then yes it wouldn't be the smartest thing to do but if it wasn't and you didn't have many options then I'd take action myself. You wouldn't know for sure if it is a cop. Flashing a badge doesn't always mean it's really a cop. The way the detective did this was extremely unprofessional and a disgrace towards the police department. He should have his badge taken away from him. If someone reached into their pocket to grab something I don't know about in an aggressive manner while saying I'll blow your brains out then I will find a way to defend myself. Kind of ironic how cops can murder people for putting their hands in their pockets to show ID. This cop is a hypocrite.
That's why you dial 911 to verify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
View detailed profiles of: